|Package | PIN:||PW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 1-of-4 Bidirectional Translating Switches
- I2C Bus and SMBus Compatible
- Four Active-Low Interrupt Inputs
- Active-Low Interrupt Output
- Three Address Pins, Allowing up to Eight TCA9544A Devices on the I2C Bus
- Channel Selection Via I2C Bus
- Power-Up With All Switch Channels Deselected
- Low RON Switches
- Allows Voltage-Level Translation Between 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V Buses
- No Glitch on Power-Up
- Supports Hot Insertion
- Low Standby Current
- Operating Power Supply Voltage Range of 1.65 V to 5.5 V
- 5.5-V Tolerant Inputs
- 0 to 400-kHz Clock Frequency
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- 4000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
- 1500-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TCA9544APWR
The TCA9544A is a 4-channel, bidirectional translating I2C Muliplexer. The master SCL/SDAsignal pair is directed to one of the four channels of slave devices, SC0/SD0-SC3/SD3. Fourinterrupt inputs (INT3–INT0), one for each of thedownstream pairs, are provided. One interrupt output (INT) acts as an AND ofthe four interrupt inputs.
A power-on reset function returns the registers to their default state and initializesthe I2C state machine, with all channels deselected.
The pass gates of the switches are constructed such that the VCC pin can be used to limitthe maximum high voltage which will be passed by the TCA9544A. This allows the use of different busvoltages on each pair, so that 1.8-V, 2.5-V, or 3.3-V parts can communicate with 5-V parts withoutany additional protection. External pull-up resistors pull the bus up to the desired voltage levelfor each channel. All I/O pins are 5.5 V tolerant.