|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Two-Channel Bidirectional I2C Buffer
- Support for Standard Mode, Fast Mode (400 kHz), and Fast Mode+ (1 Mhz) I2C Operation
- Operating Supply Voltage Range of 0.8 V to 5.5 V on A-Side
- Operating Supply Voltage Range of 2.2 V to 5.5 V on B-Side
- Voltage-Level Translation From 0.8 V to 5.5 V and 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Footprint and Function Replacement for TCA9517
- Active-High Repeater-Enable Input
- Open-Drain I2C I/O
- 5.5-V Tolerant I2C and Enable Input Support
- Mixed-Mode Signal Operation
- Lockup-Free Operation
- Support for Clock Stretching and Multiple Master Arbitration Across The Device
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- 4000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
- 1500-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TCA9617ADGKR
The TCA9617A is a BiCMOS dual bidirectional buffer intended forI2C bus and SMBus systems. It can provide bidirectional voltage-leveltranslation (up-translation and down-translation) between low voltages (down to 0.8 V) and highervoltages (2.2 V to 5.5 V) in mixed-mode applications. This device enablesI2C and similar bus systems to be extended, without degradation ofperformance even during level shifting.
The TCA9617A buffers both the serial data (SDA) and the serial clock (SCL) signals on theI2C bus, allowing two buses of 550-pF or greater bus capacitance to beconnected in an I2C application. This device can also be used to isolatetwo halves of a bus for voltage and capacitance.