|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Two-Channel Bidirectional Buffer
- Integrated Current Source on B-side, Requires No External B-Side Resistors
- Ultra-Low Power Consumption
- No Static-Voltage Offset, Low VOL
- I2C Bus and SMBus Compatible
- Operating Supply Voltage Range of 0.8 V to 3.6 V on A-side
- Operating Supply Voltage Range of 1.65 V to 3.6 V on B-side
- Active-High Repeater Enable Input
- Powered-Off High Impedance I2C Bus Pins on A-Side
- Powered-Off Back-Power Protection I2C Bus Pins
- Support for Clock Stretching and Multiple Master Arbitration
- Family of Current Source Options from 0.5 mA to 3 mA
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TCA9803DGKR
The TCA9803 is a dual-channel bidirectional bufferintended for I2C bus and SMBus/PMBus systems. It provides bidirectionallevel shifting (up-translation and down-translation) between low voltages (down to 0.8 V) andhigher voltages (1.65 V to 3.6 V). The TCA9803 features aninternal current source on the B-side of the device, allowing the removal of external pull-upresistors on the B-side. The current source also provides an improved rise time and ultra-low powerconsumption.
The TCA9803 is able to provide true buffering (ratherthan a pass-FET solution) without using a static voltage offset or incremental offset. This meansthat the VOL on both the A and B sides of the TCA9803 are very low (approximately 0.2 V),helping to eliminate communication issues as a result of fixed VILthresholds. Another key feature of the TCA9803 is thatthere are no power sequencing requirements, or power supply dependencies. VCCAcan be greater than, less than, or equal to VCCB. This gives thesystem designer flexibility with how the TCA9803 isused.
The TCA9803 is part of a four device family withvarying current source strengths (see the Device Comparison Table).