|Package | PIN:||RHF | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Trimmed Low-Power Consumption
- 4.2-mA/amp Full Bias Mode; 4.8 mA Max
- 3.2-mA/amp Mid Bias Mode; 3.7 mA Max
- 2.15-mA/amp Low Bias Mode; 2.5 mA Max
- Shutdown Mode and IADJ Pin for Variable Bias
- Low Noise
- 3-nV/√Hz Voltage Noise
- 5.9-pA/√Hz Inverting Current Noise
- 1.2-pA/√Hz Noninverting Current Noise
- Low MTPR Distortion
- -74 dB with ADSL and ADSL2
- -71 dB with ADSL2+ and -70 dB with ADSL2++
- -83 dBc THD (1 MHz, 100-Ω Differential)
- High Output Current: >415 mA (25-Ω Load)
- Wide Output Swing: 44 VPP (±12-V, 200-Ω Differential)
- Wide Bandwidth: 30 MHz (Gain = 5)
- Wide Power Supply Range: ±4 V to ±16 V
- Ideal For Power Sensitive, High Density ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, and ADSL2++ Systems
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments THS6184RHFT
The THS6184 is a dual-port, low-power current feedback differential line driver amplifier system ideal for xDSL systems. Its extremely low-power dissipation is ideal for ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, and ADSL2++ systems that must achieve high densities in ADSL central office applications by combining two ports, or four amplifiers, into one package.
The unique architecture of the THS6184 allows the trimmed quiescent current to be much lower than existing line drivers while still achieving high linearity. Distortion at these low-power levels is good with -83-dBc THD at 1 MHz with the low bias mode of 4.2 mA/port. Fixed and variable multiple-bias settings of the amplifiers allows for enhanced power savings for line lengths where the full performance of the amplifier is not required.
The wide output swing of 44-VPP differentially with ±12-V power supplies coupled with over 415-mA current drive allow for wide dynamic range, keeping distortion minimized. With a low 3-nV/√ Hz voltage noise coupled with a low 5.9-pA/√Hz inverting current noise, the THS6184 increases the sensitivity of the receive signals allowing for better margins and reach.