|Package | PIN:||PWP | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Low Power Consumption:
- 21mA/Port Full Bias Mode
- 16.2mA/Port Mid Bias Mode
- 11.2mA/Port Low Bias Mode
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode
- IADJ Pin for Variable Bias
- Low Noise:
- 2.5nV/Hz Voltage Noise
- 17pA/Hz Inverting Current Noise
- 1.2pA/Hz Noninverting Current Noise
- Low MTPR Distortion:
- 70dB with +20.5dBm G.993.2Profile 8b
- -89dBc HD3 (1MHz, 100 Differential)
- High Output Current: > 424mA (25 Load)
- Wide Output Swing: 43.2VPP (±12V, 100 Differential)
- Wide Bandwidth: 150MHz (Gain = 10V/V)
- Port-To-Port Separation of 90dB at 1MHz
- PSRR of 50dB at 1MHz for Good Isolation
- Wide Power-Supply Range: 10V to 28V
- Ideal For VDSL2 Systems
- Backward-Compatible with ADSL/ADSL2+/ADSL2++ Systems
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments, Incorporated.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments THS6204IPWP
The THS6204 is a dual-port, current-feedback architecture, differential line driver amplifier system ideal for xDSL systems. The device is targeted for use in VDSL2 (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line 2) line driver systems that enable greater than +20.5dBm line power up to 8.5MHz with good linearity supporting the G.993.2 VDSL2 8b profile. It is also fast enough to support central-office transmission of +14.5dBm line power up to 18.1MHzProfile 30a.
The unique architecture of the THS6204 allows quiescent current to be minimal while still achieving very high linearity. Differential distortion, under full bias conditions, is -89dBc at 1MHz and reduces to only -73dBc at 10MHz. Fixed multiple bias settings of the amplifiers allows for enhanced power savings for line lengths where the full performance of the amplifier is not required. To allow for even more flexibility and power savings, an IADJ pin is available to further lower the bias currents.
The wide output swing of 43.2VPP (100 differentially) with ±12V power supplies, coupled with over 425mA current drive (25), allows for wide dynamic headroom, keeping distortion minimal.
The THS6204 is available in a QFN-24 or a TSSOP-24 PowerPAD™ package.