|Package | PIN:||PWP | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Low Power Consumption:
- Full Bias Mode: 21 mA per Port
- Mid Bias Mode: 16.2 mA perPort
- Low Bias Mode: 11.2 mA per Port
- Low-Power ShutdownMode
- IADJ Pin for Variable Bias
- Low Noise:
- Voltage Noise: 2.7 nV/√Hz
- InvertingCurrent Noise: 17 pA/√Hz
- Noninverting Current Noise: 1.2pA/√Hz
- Low MTPR Distortion:
- 70 dB with 20.5 dBm G.993.2—Profile 8b
- –93 dBc HD3 (1 MHz, 100-Ω Differential)
- High Output Current: > 416 mA (25-Ω Load)
- Wide Output Swing: 43.2 VPP (±12 V, 100-Ω Differential Load)
- Wide Bandwidth: 150 MHz (GDIFF = 10 V/V)
- PSRR: 50 dB at 1 MHz for Good Isolation
- Wide Power-Supply Range: 10 V to 28 V
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments THS6214IPWP
The THS6214 is a dual-port, current-feedback architecture, differential line driveramplifier system ideal for xDSL systems. The device is targeted for use in very-high-bit-ratedigital subscriber line 2 (VDSL2) line driver systems that enable greater than 14.5-dBm line power,supporting the G.993.2 VDSL2 17a profile. The device is also fast enough to support central-officetransmissions of 14.5-dBm line power up to 30 MHz. The device is also targeted for use as abroadband or wideband power line communications (PLC) amplifier for line driverapplications.
The unique architecture of the THS6214 uses minimal quiescent current and still achievesvery high linearity. Differential distortion, under full bias conditions, is –93 dBc at 1 MHz andreduces to only –73 dBc at 10 MHz. Fixed multiple bias settings of the amplifiers allow forenhanced power savings for line lengths where the full performance of the amplifier is notrequired. To allow for even more flexibility and power savings, an adjustable current pin(IADJ) is available to further lower the bias currents.
The wide output swing of 43.2 VPP (100-Ω differential load) with±12-V power supplies, coupled with over 416-mA current drive (25-Ω load), allows for wide dynamicheadroom, keeping distortion minimal.
The THS6214 is available in a VQFN-24 or a HTSSOP-24 PowerPAD™ package.