|Package | PIN:||PW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 3-Video Amplifiers for CVBS, S-Video, Y'U'V', SD/ED/HD Y'P'BP'R, and G'B'R' (R'G'B')
- I2C™ Control of All Functions
- Integrated Low-Pass Filters
- 5th-Order Butterworth Characteristics
- Selectable Corner Frequencies of 9-MHz, 16-MHz, 35-MHz, and Bypass (190-MHz)
- Selectable Input Bias Modes
- AC-Coupled with Sync-Tip-Clamp
- AC-Coupled with Bias
- DC-Coupled with 135-mV Input Shift
- 2:1 Input MUX Allows Multiple Input Sources
- Built-in 6-dB Gain (2 V/V)
- SAG Correction Capable
- 2.7-V to 5-V Single Supply Operation
- Low 16.6-mA (3.3 V) Total Quiscent Current
- Individual Disable (< 1 µA) and Mute Control
- Rail-to-Rail Output:
- Output Swings within 100 mV from the Rails to Allow AC or DC Output Coupling
- Supports Driving Two Lines per Channel
- Low Differential Gain/Phase of 0.13%/0.55°
- Set Top Box Output Video Buffering
- PVR/DVDR Output Buffering
- USB/Portable Low Power Video Buffering
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
I2C is a trademark of NXP Semiconductors.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments THS7303PW
Fabricated using the new complementary silicon-germanium (SiGe) BiCom-3 process, the THS7303 is a low-power, single-supply, 2.7-V to 5-V, 3-channel integrated video buffer. It incorporates a selectable fifth-order Butterworth filter to eliminate data converter images. The 9-MHz filter is a perfect choice for SDTV video including composite (CVBS), S-Video, and 480i/576i Y'P'BP'R, and G'B'R' (R'G'B') signals. The 16-MHz filter is ideal for EDTV 480p/576p Y'P'BP'R, G'B'R', and VGA signals. The 35-MHz filter is useful for HDTV 720p/1080i Y'P'BP'R, G'B'R', and SVGA/XGA signals. For 1080p or SXGA/UXGA signals, the filter can be bypassed allowing a 190-MHz bandwidth, 300-V/µs amplifier to buffer the signal.
Each channel of the THS7303 is individually I2C configurable for all functions which makes it flexible for any application. Its rail-to-rail output stage allows for both ac and dc coupling applications. The 6-dB gain along with the built-in SAG correction allows for maximum flexibility as an output video buffer.
The 16.6-mA total quiescent current (55 mW total power) makes the THS7303 an excellent choice for USB powered or portable video applications. While fully disabled, the THS7303 consumes less than 1 µA making it ideal for energy sensitive applications.
As part of the THS7303 flexibility, the 2:1 MUX input can be selected for ac- or dc-coupled inputs. The ac-coupled modes include a sync-tip-clamp option for CVBS/Y'/G'/B'/R' with sync or a fixed bias for the C'/P'B/P'R non-sync channels. The dc input options include a dc input or a (dc + 135-mV) input offset shift to allow for a full sync dynamic range at the output with 0-V input.