|Package | PIN:||PW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 3-Video Buffers for CVBS, S-Video, SD/ED/HD
Y′P′BP′R, and G′B′R′ (R′G′B′) Video
- I2C Control of All Functions
- Integrated Low-Pass Filters
- 5th Order Butterworth Characteristics
- Selectable Corner Frequencies of 9-MHz, 16-MHz, 35-MHz, and Bypass (150-MHz)
- Selectable Input Bias Modes
- AC-Coupled with Sync-Tip Clamp
- AC-Coupled with Bias
- DC-Coupled with 250-mV Input Shift
- 2:1 Input MUX Allows Multiple Input Sources
- External Gain Control Range From
0 dB to 14 dB
- 2.7-V to 5-V Single Supply Operation
- Low 16.2-mA (3.3 V) Total Quiescent Current
- Disable (< 1 µA) and Mute Control Functions
- Rail-to-Rail Output:
- Allows AC or DC Output Coupling
- Low Differential Gain/Phase of 0.15%/0.3°
Texas Instruments THS7353PW
Fabricated using the new complimentary silicon-germanium (SiGe) BiCom-III process, the THS7353 is a low-power, single-supply 2.7-V to 5-V, 3-channel integrated video buffer. It incorporates a selectable 5th order Butterworth anti-aliasing / DAC reconstruction filter to eliminate data converter images. The 9-MHz is a perfect choice for SDTV video including composite, S-Video, and 480i/576i Y′P′BP′R or G′B′R′ (R′G′B′) video. The 16-MHz filter is ideal for EDTV 480p/576p Y′P′BP′R, G′B′R′, and VGA signals. The 35-MHz filter is useful for HDTV 720p/1080i Y′P′BP′R, G′B′R′, and SVGA/XGA signals. For 1080p or SXGA/UXGA signals, the filter can be bypassed allowing a 150-MHz bandwidth, 300-V/µs amplifier to buffer the signal.
Each channel of the THS7353 is individually I2C configurable for all functions which makes it flexible for any application. Its rail-to-rail output stage allows for both ac and dc coupling applications. The externally controlled gain adjust pin allows for fine tuning of the gain such as line driving, compensating for cable losses, or Sin-X/X compensation.
As part of the THS7353 flexibility, the 2:1 MUX input can be selected for ac or dc coupled inputs. The ac coupled modes include a sync-tip clamp option for CVBS/Y′/G′B′R′ with sync or a fixed bias for the C′/P′B/P′R channels. The dc input options include a dc input or a dc + 250-mV input offset shift to allow for a full sync dynamic range at the output with 0-V input.
The THS7353 is the perfect choice for all video buffer applications. The 16.2-mA total quiescent current (54 mW total power) makes it an excellent choice for USB powered or portable video applications. While fully disabled, the THS7353 consumes less than 1 µA.