|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Complete PWM Power Control
- 3.6-V to 40-V Operation
- Internal Undervoltage-Lockout Circuit
- Internal Short-Circuit Protection
- Oscillator Frequency: 20 kHz to 500 kHz
- Variable Dead Time Provides Control Over Total Range
- ±3% Tolerance on Reference Voltage
- Available in Q-Temperature Automotive
- High-Reliability Automotive Applications
- Configuration Control/Print Support
- Qualification to Automotive Standards
Texas Instruments TL5001AQDRG4Q1
The TL5001A incorporates on a single monolithic chip all the functions required for a pulse-width-modulation (PWM) control circuit. Designed primarily for power-supply control, the TL5001A contains an error amplifier, a regulator, an oscillator, a PWM comparator with a dead-time-control input, undervoltage lockout (UVLO), short-circuit protection (SCP), and an open-collector output transistor. The TL5001A has a typical reference voltage tolerance of ±3%.
The error-amplifier common-mode voltage ranges from 0 V to 1.5 V. The noninverting input of the error amplifier is connected to a 1-V reference. Dead-time control (DTC) can be set to provide 0% to 100% dead time by connecting an external resistor between DTC and GND. The oscillator frequency is set by terminating RT with an external resistor to GND. During low VCC conditions, the UVLO circuit turns the output off until VCC recovers to its normal operating range.
The TL5001A is characterized for operation from 40°C to 125°C.