|Package | PIN:||N | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Complete PWM Power-Control Function
- Totem-Pole Outputs for 200-mA Sink or Source Current
- Output Control Selects Parallel or Push-Pull Operation
- Internal Circuitry Prohibits Double Pulse at Either Output
- Variable Dead-Time Provides Control Over Total Range
- Internal Regulator Provides a Stable 5-V Reference Supply, Trimmed to 1% Tolerance
- On-Board Output Current-Limiting Protection
- Undervoltage Lockout for Low VCC Conditions
- Separate Power and Signal Grounds
Texas Instruments TL598CN
The TL598 incorporates all the functions required in the construction of pulse-width-modulated (PWM) controlled systems on a single chip. Designed primarily for power-supply control, the TL598 provides the systems engineer with the flexibility to tailor the power-supply control circuits to a specific application.
The TL598 contains two error amplifiers, an internal oscillator (externally adjustable), a dead-time control (DTC) comparator, a pulse-steering flip-flop, a 5-V precision reference, undervoltage lockout control, and output control circuits. Two totem-pole outputs provide exceptional rise- and fall-time performance for power FET control. The outputs share a common source supply and common power ground terminals, which allow system designers to eliminate errors caused by high current-induced voltage drops and common-mode noise.
The error amplifier has a common-mode voltage range of 0 V to VCC - 2 V. The DTC comparator has a fixed offset that prevents overlap of the outputs during push-pull operation. A synchronous multiple supply operation can be achieved by connecting RT to the reference output and providing a sawtooth input to CT.
The TL598 device provides an output control function to select either push-pull or parallel operation. Circuit architecture prevents either output from being pulsed twice during push-pull operation. The output frequency for push-pull applications is one-half the oscillator frequency (fo=1/2 RT CT). For single-ended applications: (fo=1/RT CT)