|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
- Advanced LinCMOSTM Silicon-Gate Technology
- 8-Bit Resolution
- Differential Reference Inputs
- Parallel Microprocessor Interface
- Conversion and Access Time Over Temperature Range
Read Mode . . . 2.5 us Max
- No External Clock or Oscillator Components Required
- On-Chip Track and Hold
- Single 5-V Supply
- TLC0820A Is Direct Replacement for National Semiconductor ADC0820C/CC and Analog Devices AD7820K/B/T
Advanced LinCMOS is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments TLC0820ACDW
The TLC0820AC and the TLC0820AI are Advanced LinCMOSTM 8-bit analog-to-digital converters each consisting of two 4-bit flash converters, a 4-bit digital-to-analog converter, a summing (error) amplifier, control logic, and a result latch circuit. The modified flash technique allows low-power integrated circuitry to complete an 8-bit conversion in 1.18 us over temperature. The on-chip track-and-hold circuit has a 100-ns sample window and allows these devices to convert continuous analog signals having slew rates of up to 100 mV/us without external sampling components. TTL-compatible 3-state output drivers and two modes of operation allow interfacing to a variety of microprocessors. Detailed information on interfacing to most popular microprocessors is readily available from the factory.