|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 20|
- 8-Bit Resolution
- Easy Microprocessor Interface or
- Operates Ratiometrically or With 5-V Reference
- 4- or 8-Channel Multiplexer Options With
- Input Range 0 to 5 V With Single 5-V Supply
- Remote Operation With Serial Data Link
- Inputs and Outputs Are Compatible With TTL and MOS
- Conversion Time of 32 us at
fclock = 250 kHz
- Functionally Equivalent to the ADC0834 and ADC0838 Without the Internal Zener Regulator Network
- Total Unadjusted Error...±1 LSB
Texas Instruments TLC0838CDW
These devices are 8-bit successive- approximation analog-to-digital converters, each with an input-configurable multichannel multiplexer and serial input/output. The serial input/ output is configured to interface with standard shift registers or microprocessors. Detailed information on interfacing with most popular microprocessors is readily available from the factory.
The TLC0834 (4-channel) and TLC0838 (8-channel) multiplexer is software-configured for single-ended or differential inputs as well as pseudodifferential input assignments. The differential analog voltage input allows for common-mode rejection or offset of the analog zero input voltage value. In addition, the voltage reference input can be adjusted to allow encoding of any smaller analog voltage span to the full 8 bits of resolution.
The TLC0834C and TLC0838C are characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C. The TLC0834I and TLC0838I are characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C. The TLC0834Q is characterized for operation from -40°C to 125°C.