|Package | PIN:||PWP | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 16 Channels, Constant-Current Sink Output with On/Off Control
- 35-mA Capability (Constant-Current Sink)
- 10-ns High-Speed Constant-Current Switching Transient Time
- Low On-Time Error
- LED Power-Supply Voltage up to 17 V
- VCC = 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- Constant-Current Accuracy:
- Channel-to-Channel = ±1%
- Device-to-Device = ±1%
- CMOS Logic Level I/O
- 35-MHz Data Transfer Rate
- 20-ns BLANK Pulse Width
- Readable Error Information:
- LED Open Detection (LOD)
- Pre-Thermal Warning (PTW)
- Operating Temperature: –40°C to +85°C
- LED Video Displays
- Message Boards
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TLC5928PWPR
The TLC5928 is a 16-channel, constant-current sink LED driver. Each channel can be turned on/off by writing serial data to an internal register. The constant-current value of all 16 channels is set by a single external resistor.
The TLC5928 has two error detection circuits: one for LED open detection (LOD) and one for a pre-thermal warning (PTW). LOD detects a broken or disconnected LED and LEDs shorted to GND while the constant-current output is on. PTW indicates a high temperature condition.