|Package | PIN:||DAP | 38|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 24-Channel Constant-Current Sink Output
- Current Capability: 40 mA
- Selectable Grayscale (GS) Control With PWM:
12-Bit (4096 Step), 10-Bit (1024 Step), 8-Bit (256 Step)
- Three Independent Grayscale Clocks for Three Color Groups
- Dot Correction (DC): 7-Bit (128 Step)
- Global Brightness Control (BC) for Each Color Group: 8-Bit (256 Step)
- Auto Display Repeat Function
- Independent Data Port for GS and BC and DC Data
- Communication Path Between Each Data Port
- LED Power-Supply Voltage up to 15 V
- VCC = 3 V to 5.5 V
- Constant-Current Accuracy:
- Channel-to-Channel =±1.5%
- Device-to-Device = ±3%
- CMOS Logic Level I/O
- Data Transfer Rate: 30 MHz
- 33-MHz Grayscale Control Clock
- Continuous Base LED-Open Detection (LOD)
- Continuous Base LED-Short Detection (LSD)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD) With Auto Restart
- Grouped Delay to Prevent Inrush Current
- Operating Ambient Temperature: –40°C to 85°C
- Packages: HTSSOP-38, QFN-40
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TLC5951DAP
The TLC5951 device is a 24-channel, constant-current sink driver. Each channel has anindividually-adjustable, 4096-step, pulse-width modulation (PWM) grayscale (GS) brightness controland 128-step constant-current dot correction (DC). The dot correction adjusts brightness deviationbetween channels and other LED drivers. The output channels are grouped into three groups of eightchannels. Each channel group has a 256-step global brightness control (BC) function and anindividual grayscale clock input.
GS, DC, and BC data are accessible via a serial interface port. DC and BC can beprogrammed via a dedicated serial interface port.
The TLC5951 device has three error-detection circuits for LED-open detection (LOD),LED-short detection (LSD), and thermal error flag (TEF). LOD detects a broken or disconnected LED,LSD detects a shorted LED, and TEF indicates an overtemperature condition.