|Package | PIN:||RTQ | 56|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 48 Channels Constant Current Sink Output
- Sink Current Capability with Max BC/CC data:
- 25mA at 5VCC
- 20mA at 3.3VCC
- Global Brightness Control (BC) : 3-Bit (8 Step)
- Color Brightness Control (CC) for Each Color Group:
9-Bit (512 Step), Three Groups
- Grayscale(GS) Control with Multiplexed
Enhanced Spectrum(ES) PWM: 16bit
- 48K bit Grayscale Data Memory Support
- LED Power Supply Voltage Up To 10V
- Vcc = 3.0V to 5.5V
- Constant Current Accuracy
- Channel to Channel = ±1%(Typ), ±3%(Max)
- Device to Device = ±1%(Typ), ±2%(Max)
- Data Transfer Rate: 25MHz
- Gray Scale Clock: 33MHz
- LED Open Detection (LOD)
- Thermal Shut Down (TSD)
- IREF Resistor Short Protection (ISP)
- Power-Save Mode (PSM) with high speed recovery
- Delay Switching to Prevent Inrush Current
- Pre-charge FET to Avoid Ghosting Phenomenon
- Operating Temperature : –40°C to +85°C
Texas Instruments TLC5958RTQT
The TLC5958 is a 48 channels constant-current sink driver for multiplexing system with 1 to 32 duty ratio. Each channel has an individually-adjustable, 65536-step, pulse width modulation (PWM) grayscale (GS).
48K bit display memory is implemented to increase the visual refresh rate and to decrease the GS data writing frequency.
The output channels are grouped into three groups, each group has 16 channels. Each group has a 512-step color brightness control (CC) function. The maximum current value of all 48 channels can be set by 8-step global brightness control (BC) function. CC and BC can be used to adjust the brightness deviation between LED drivers. GS, CC, and BC data are accessible via a serial interface port.
Send request via email for Application Note: Build High Density, High Refresh Rate, Multiplexing LED Panel with TLC5958.
The TLC5958 has one error flag: LED open detection (LOD), which can be read via a serial interface port. The TLC5958 also has a power-save mode that sets the total current consumption to 0.8mA (typ) when all outputs are off.Send request via email for Application Note: .