|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125ºC AmbientOperating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD ClassificationLevel H3A
- Device CDM ESD Classification LevelC6
- 16 Channels With Power DMOS Transistor Outputs
- Open-Drain Outputs up to 50 mA perChannel
- Output Voltage Maximum Rating: 45V
- Optimized Slew Rate for Reducing EMI
- Serial Interface and PWM Inputs
- Shift Register Compatible With TPIC6C596, TLC6C598-Q1,TLC6C5912-Q1
- LED Status Read-back
- 2 PWM Inputs for Group Dimming
- Diagnostics and Protection
- Configurable LED Open and ShortDiagnostics
- Overtemperature Protection
- Serial-Interface Communication-Error Detection
- Open-Drain Error Feedback
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TLC6C5816QPWPRQ1
There are various LED indicators in automotive applications. Some applications such ashybrid instrument clusters and E-shifters have safety requirements which must have LED faultdiagnostics; other applications such as HVAC panels only have an LED on-off control, which does notrequire LED diagnostics. To cover both applications, the TLC6C5816-Q1 device implements a flexibleLED diagnostics function. By writing to the registers, the output channels can be configured withLED diagnostics features or without LED diagnostics features.
The TLC6C5816-Q1 device is a 16-bit shift register LED driver designed to supportautomotive LED applications. A built-in LED open and LED short diagnostic mechanism providesenhanced safety protection. The device contains 16 channels with power DMOS transistor outputs.Eight of the channels support LED fault diagnostics by configuring corresponding registers, thedevice can drive 16 channels without diagnostics or 8 channels with diagnostics. The diagnosticschannels DIAGn must connect to DRAINn to realize LED diagnostics. A command error fault impliesthat a channel is configured for LED diagnostics but a register write command has turned on thechannel at the same time. The device provides a cyclic redundancy check to verify register valuesin the shift registers. In read-back mode, the device provides 6 bits of the CRC remainder. The MCUcan read back the CRC remainder and check if the remainder is correct to determine whether thecommunication loop between MCU and device is good.