|Package | PIN:||ZEN | 196|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Two Channel 600Mbps to 3.75Gbps Multi-Rate Transceiver
- Supports 1X/2X Fibre Channel (FC), CPRI (x1/x2/x4), OBSAI (x1/x2/x4), and 1GbE (1000Base-X) Data Rates
- IEEE Compliant 1000Base-X PCS Support
- Supports Independent Channel SERDES Operation Modes in 8/10 Bit Data Modes (TBI and 8 Bit + Control)
- Serial Side Transmit De-Emphasis and Receive Adaptive Equalization to Allow Extended Backplane Reach
- Low Jitter LC Oscillator Jitter-Cleaner Allows use of Poor Quality REFCLK
- Full Datapath Loopback Capability (Serial/Parallel Side)
- Supports PRBS 27-1 and 223 – 1 Gen/Verify. Supports Standard Defined CRPAT, High and Low Frequency, and Mixed Frequency Testing.
- GMII/RGMII: HSTL Class 1 I/O With On-Chip Termination: Programmable Input and 50 Output (1.5 and 1.8V Power Supply)
- GMII/RGMII: Source and Data Centered I/O Timing Modes
- Supports Jumbo Packet (9600 Byte Maximum) Operation
- MDIO: IEEE 802.3 Clause 22 Compliant Management Data Input / Output Interface Modes (Either 1.2V or 2.5V MDIO I/O)
- 1.2V Core, 1.5V/1.8V HSTL I/O Supply, and 2.5V LVCMOS I/O Supply
- JTAG: IEEE 1149.1/1149.6 Test Interface
- ±200 ppm Clock Tolerance in 1000Base-X Receive Datapaths
- 90 nm Advanced CMOS Technology
- Package: PBGA, 15×15mm, 196 Ball, 1mm Pitch
- 1.1W Maximum Power Dissipation at 2CH 3.75 Gbps (1.5V HSTL Mode, Input HSTL Termination Disabled)
- Asymmetric RX/TX Rates Supported
- Industrial Ambient Operating Temperature (–40°C to 85°C) at Full Rate
Texas Instruments TLK3132ZEN
The TLK3132 is a flexible two channel independently configurable serial transceiver. It can be configured to be compliant with the 1000Base-X 1Gbps Ethernet Specification (Auto-Negotiation not supported). The TLK3132 provides high-speed bi-directional point-to-point data transmissions with up to 15 Gbps of raw data transmission capacity. The primary application of this device is in backplanes and front panel connections requiring 3.75Gbps connections over controlled impedance media of approximately 50. The transmission media can be printed circuit board (PCB) traces, copper cables or fiber-optical media. The ultimate rate and distance of data transfer is dependent upon the attenuation characteristics of the media and the noise coupling into the lines.
The TLK3132 performs the parallel-to-serial, serial-to-parallel conversion, and clock extraction functions for a physical layer interface. The TLK3132 also provides 1000Base-X (PCS) layer functionality described in Clause 36 of 802.3-2002. The serial transmitter is implemented using differential Current Mode Logic (CML) with integrated termination resistors.
Many common applications may be enabled by way of externally available control pins. Detailed control of the TLK3132 on a per channel basis is available by way of accessing a register space of control bits available through a two-wire access port called the Management Data Input/Output (MDIO) interface.
The PCS (Physical Coding Sublayer) functions such as the CTC FIFO are designed to be compliant for a 1000Base-X PCS link. However, each of the PCS functions may be disabled or bypassed until the TLK3132 is operating at its most basic state, that of a simple two channel 10-bit SERDES suitable for a wide range of applications such as CPRI or OBSAI wireless infrastructure links.
The differential output swing for the TLK3132 is suitable for compliance with IEEE 802.3 Gigabit Ethernet links, which is also suitable for CPRI LV serial links. The TLK3132 provides for setting larger output signal swing suitable for CPRI HV links by setting an appropriate register bit available though MDIO.