|Package | PIN:||ZEU | 324|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Dual Channel 470Mbps to 6.25Gbps Continuous/Multi-Rate Transceiver
- Supports all CPRI and OBSAI Data Rates
- Integrated Latency Measurement Function, Accuracy of ±814 ps
- CPRI/OBSAI Automated Rate Sense (ARS) Function
- Supports SERDES Operation, 8B/10B Data Modes (20-bit and 16-bit + Controls)
- 20-bit HSTL Single-Ended Parallel Data Interface (Integrated Source and
- Shared or Independent Reference Clock per Channel
- Latency/Depth Configurable Transmit and Receive FIFOs.
- Loopback Capability (Serial and Parallel Side), OBSAI Compliant
- Supports Serial Retime Operation
- Supports PRBS (27–1), (223 – 1) and (231–1) and
CRPAT Long/Short Generation and Verification
- Dual Power Supply: 1.0V Core, and 1.5V/1.8V I/O Nominal Supply
- Serial Side Three Tap Transmit De-emphasis and Receive Adaptive Equalization
to Allow Extended Backplane Reach
- Programmable Output Swing on Serial Output
- Minimum Receiver Differential Input Thresholds of 100mVdfpp
- Loss of Signal (LOS) detection (≤75 mVdfpp)
- Interface to Back Plane, Copper Cables, or Optical Modules
- Hot Plug Protection
- JTAG; IEEE 1149.1 /1149.6 Test Interface
- MDIO; IEEE 802.3 Clause-22 Support
- 65nm Advanced CMOS Technology
- Industrial Ambient Operating Temp(–40°C to 85°C) at Full Rate
- Device Package; 324 PBGA
- WI Infrastructure
- CPRI and OBSAI Links
- Proprietary Links
- High Speed Point- to-Point Transmission Systems
Texas Instruments TLK6002ZEU
The TLK6002 is a member of a portfolio of multi-gigabit transceivers, intended for use in ultra-high-speed bi-directional point-to-point data transmission systems. It is specifically intended for base station RRH (Remote Radio Head) application, but may also be used in other high speed applications. The TLK6002 supports a serial interface speed of 0.470 Gbps to 6.25 Gbps. Rate support includes all the CPRI and OBSAI rates (0.6144/0.768/1.2288/1.536/2.4576/3.072/4.9152/6.144 Gbps) using a single fixed reference clock frequency (either 122.88 MHz or 153.6 MHz).
TLK6002 20-bit parallel interface operates in 1.5V or 1.8V HSTL single-ended format. The 20-bit interface allows low speed signals on the parallel side and therefore enabling the use of low cost FPGA in the system design. The parallel interface can be programmed to be in SDR (Single Data Rate) or DDR (Double Data Rate) modes. The line rate may be set to full (≤6.25Gbps), half (≤3.75Gbps), quarter (≤1.88Gbps) or eighth (≤0.94Gbps). The line rate can be set using either device inputs or software control registers.
The TLK6002 performs data conversion parallel-to-serial, serial-to-parallel and clock extraction as a physical layer interface device. The serial transceiver interface operates at a maximum serial data rate of 6.25 Gbps.
TLK6002 accepts single-ended HSTL signals at its parallel transmit and receive data buses. If the internal 8B/10B coding and decoding are enabled, TDA/B_[19:0] are latched by TXCLK_A/B and sent to the internal 8b/10b encoder, where the resulting encoded words are serialized and transmitted differentially using a line clock derived from the SERDES reference clock at the desired line rate. If the internal coding and decoding are disabled, TDA/B_[19:0] are defined as 20-bits of data being serialized and transmitted unmodified according to the desired line rate.
The receive direction performs the serial-to-parallel conversion on the input serial data synchronizing the resulting 20-bit parallel data to the recovered byte clock (RXCLK_A/B). The optionally decoded receive data is available on the RDA/B_[19:0] output signals.
The serial transmitter and receiver are implemented using differential Current Mode Logic (CML) with integrated termination resistors.
The TLK6002 provides two local (parallel side) and two remote (serial side) loopback modes for self-test and system diagnostic purposes.
The TLK6002 has an integrated loss of signal (LOS) detection function, which is asserted in conditions where the serial input signal does not have sufficient voltage amplitude (≤75 mVdfpp). Note that the input signal must be ≥150 mVdfpp when loss of signal replacement of the receive datapath data is enabled (register bit 6.6).