|Package | PIN:||DCY | 4|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Accuracy: 1.5% (typ)
- Low IQ: 100 µA (max)
- 500x Lower Than Standard 1117 Devices
- VIN: 2.0 V to 5.5 V
- Absolute Maximum VIN: 6.0 V
- Stable with 0-mA Output Current
- Low Dropout: 455 mV at 1 A for VOUT = 3.3 V
- High PSRR: 65 dB at 1 kHz
- Minimum Ensured Current Limit: 1.1 A
- Stable with Cost-Effective Ceramic Capacitors:
- With 0-Ω ESR
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Thermal Shutdown and Overcurrent Protection
- Available Package: SOT223
- See the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document for a complete list of available voltage options.
Texas Instruments TLV117118DCYR
The TLV1171 low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator is a low input voltage version of the popular 1117 voltage regulator.
The TLV1171 is an extremely low-power device that consumes 500x lower quiescent current than the traditional 1117 voltage regulator, making the TLV1171 suitable for applications that mandate very low standby current. The TLV1171 LDO is also stable with 0 mA of load current; there is no minimum load requirement, making the device an ideal choice for applications where the regulator is required to power very small loads during standby in addition to large currents on the order of 1 A during normal operation. The TLV1171 offers excellent line and load transient performance, resulting in very small magnitude output voltage undershoots and overshoots when the load current requirement changes from less than 1 mA to more than 500 mA.
A precision band gap and error amplifier provides 1.5% accuracy. A very high power-supply rejection ratio enables the device to be used for post-regulation after a switching regulator. Other valuable features include low output noise and low-dropout voltage.
The device is internally compensated to be stable with 0-Ω equivalent series resistance (ESR) capacitors. These key advantages enable the use of cost-effective, small-size ceramic capacitors. Cost-effective capacitors that have higher bias voltages and temperature derating can also be used if desired.
The TLV1171 is available in a SOT223 package. For alternate pin outs of the device, refer to the TLV1117LV.