|Package | PIN:||PFB | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Stereo 16-Bit Oversampling Sigma-Delta A/D Converter
- Stereo 16-Bit Oversampling Sigma-Delta D/A Converter
- Support Maximum Master Clock of 100 MHz to Allow DSPs Output Clock to be Used as a Master Clock
- Selectable FIR/IIR Filter With Bypassing Option
- Programmable Sampling Rate up to:
- Max 26 Ksps With On-Chip IIR/FIR Filter
- Max 104 Ksps With IIR/FIR Bypassed
- On-Chip FIR Produced 84-dB SNR for ADC and 92-dB SNR for DAC over 13-Khz BW
- Smart Time Division Multiplexed (SMARTDM®) Serial Port
- Glueless 4-Wire Interface to DSP
- Automatic Cascade Detection (ACD) Self-Generates Master/Slave Device
- Programming Mode to Allow On-The-Fly Reconfiguration
- Continuous Data Transfer Mode to Minimize Bit Clock Speed
- Support Different Sampling Rate for Each Device
- Turbo Mode to Maximize Bit Clock For Faster Data Transfer and Allow Multiple Serial Devices to Share the Same Bus
- Allows up to Eight Devices to be Connected to a Single Serial Port
- Host port
- 2-Wire Interface
- Selectable I2C or S2C
- Differential and Single-Ended Analog Input/Output
- Built-In Analog Functions:
- Analog and Digital Sidetone
- Antialiasing Filter (AAF)
- Programmable Input and Output Gain Control (PGA)
- Microphone/Handset/Headset Amplifiers
- AIC20/21/20K Have a Built-In 8- Speaker Driver
- Power Management With Hardware/Software Power-Down Modes 30 µW
- Separate Software Control for ADC and DAC Power Down
- Fully Compatible With Common TMS320® DSP Family and Microcontroller Power Supplies
- 1.65-V - 1.95-V Digital Core Power
- 1.1-V - 3.6-V Digital I/O
- 2.7-V - 3.6-V Analog
- Internal Reference Voltage (Vref)
- 2s Complement Data Format
- Test Mode Which Includes Digital Loopback and Analog Loopback
- Wireless Accessories
- Hands-Free Car Kits
- Cable Modem
- Speech Processing
SMARTDM, TMS320, TMS320C5000, TMS320C6000 are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TLV320AIC24KIPFB
The TLV320AIC2x is a low-cost, low-power, highly-integrated, high-performance, dual-voice codec. It features two 16-bit analog-to-digital (A/D) channels and two 16-bit digital-to-analog (D/A) channels, which can be connected to a handset, headset, speaker, microphone, or a subscriber line via a programmable analog crosspoint.
The TLV320AIC2x provides high resolution signal conversion from digital-to-analog (D/A) and from analog-to-digital (A/D) using oversampling sigma-delta technology with programmable sampling rate.
The TLV320AIC2x implements the smart time division multiplexed serial port (SMARTDM). The SMARTDM port is a synchronous 4-wire serial port in TDM format for glue-free interface to TI DSPs (i.e., TMS320C5000, TMS320C6000 DSP platforms) and microcontrollers. The SMARTDM supports both continuous data transfer mode and on-the-fly reconfiguration programming mode. The TLV320AIC2x can be gluelessly cascaded to any SMARTDM-based device to form a multichannel codec, and up to eight TLV320AIC2x codecs can be cascaded to a single serial port.
The TLV320AIC2x provides a flexible host port. The host port interface is a two-wire serial interface that can be programmed to be either an industrial standard I2C or a simple S2C (start-stop communication protocol).
The TLV320AIC2x integrates all of the critical functions needed for most voice-band applications including MIC preamplifier, handset amplifier headset amplifier, 8- speaker driver, sidetone control, antialiasing filter (AAF), input/output programmable gain amplifier (PGA), and selectable low-pass IIR/FIR filters.
The TLV320AIC2x implements an extensive power management; including device power-down, independent software control for turning off ADC, DAC, operational-amplifiers, and IIR/FIR filter (bypassable) to maximize system power conservation. The TLV320AIC2x consumes only 14.9 mW per channel at 3 V.
The TLV320AIC2x low power operation from 2.7-V to 3.6-V power supplies along with extensive power management make it ideal for portable applications including wireless accessories, hands-free car kits, VOIP, cable modem, and speech processing. Its low group delay characteristic makes it suitable for single or multichannel active control applications.
The TLV320AIC2x is characterized for commercial operation from 0°C to 70°C, and industrial operation from -40°C to 85°C. The TLV320AIC2xk is characterized for industrial operation from -40°C to 85°C.