|Package | PIN:||ZAS | 87|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Four-Channel Audio DAC
- 102-dBA Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 16-, 20-, 24-, and 32-Bit Data
- Supports Rates From 8 kHz to 96 kHz
- 3D, Bass, Treble, EQ, and De-Emphasis Effects
- Flexible Power Saving Modes and Performance Are Available
- Four-Channel Audio ADC
- 92-dBA Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Supports Rates From 8 kHz to 96 kHz
- Digital Signal Processing and Noise Filtering Available During Record
- Twelve Audio Inputs
- Programmable in Single-Ended or Fully Differential Configurations
- 3-State Capability for Floating Input Configurations
- Fourteen Audio Output Drivers
- Stereo 8-Ω, 500-mW/Channel Speaker Drive Capability
- Multiple Fully Differential or Single-Ended Headphone Drivers
- Multiple Fully Differential or Single-Ended Line Outputs
- Fully Differential Mono Outputs
- Low Power: 15-mW Stereo 48-kHz Playback With 3.3-V Analog Supply
- Ultra-Low-Power Mode With Passive Analog Bypass
- Programmable Input/Output Analog Gains
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) for Record
- Programmable Microphone Bias Level
- Dual Programmable PLLs for Flexible Clock Generation
- I2C Control Bus
- Dual Audio Serial Data Busses
- Support I2S, Left- or Right-Justified, DSP, PCM, and TDM Modes
- Enable Asynchronous Simultaneous Operation of Busses and Data Converters
- Digital Microphone Input Support
- Concurrent Digital Microphone and Analog Microphone Support Available
- Extensive Modular Power Control
- Power Supplies:
- Analog: 2.7 V to 3.6 V
- Digital Core: 1.65 V to 1.95 V
- Digital I/O: 1.1 V to 3.6 V
- Package: 6-mm × 6-mm 87-pin NFBGA
Texas Instruments TLV320AIC34IZAS
The TLV320AIC34 device is a low-power four-channel audio codec with four-channel headphone amplifier, as well as multiple inputs and outputs programmable in single-ended or fully differential configurations. Extensive register-based power control is included, enabling four-channel 48-kHz DAC playback as low as 15 mW from a 3.3-V analog supply, making it ideal for portable battery-powered audio and telephony applications.
The record path of the TLV320AIC34 contains integrated microphone bias, digitally controlled four-channel microphone preamplifier, and automatic gain control (AGC), with mix or mux capability among the multiple analog inputs. Programmable filters are available during record which can remove audible noise that can occur during optical zooming in digital cameras. The playback path includes mix or mux capability from the four-channel DAC and selected inputs, through programmable volume controls, to the various outputs.
The TLV320AIC34 contains eight high-power output drivers as well as six line-level output drivers. The high-power output drivers are capable of driving a variety of load configurations, including up to eight channels of single-ended 16-Ω headphones using ac-coupling capacitors, or four channels in a capless output configuration. In addition, for codec A, pairs of drivers can be used to drive mono or stereo 8-Ω speakers directly in a BTL configuration at 500 mW per channel.
The four-channel audio DAC supports sampling rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz and includes programmable digital filtering in each path for 3D, bass, treble, midrange effects, speaker equalization, and de-emphasis for 32-kHz, 44.1-kHz, and 48-kHz rates. The four-channel audio ADC supports sampling rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz and is preceded by programmable gain amplifiers providing up to 59.5-dB analog gain for low-level microphone inputs. The TLV320AIC34 provides an extremely high range of programmability for both attack (8 to 1,408 ms) and for decay (0.05 to 22.4 seconds). This extended AGC range allows the AGC to be tuned for many types of applications.
For battery saving applications where neither analog nor digital signal processing is required, the device can be put in a special analog signal pass-through mode. This mode significantly reduces power consumption, as most of the device is powered down during this pass through operation.
The serial control bus supports normal-speed and fast I2C protocols, whereas the dual serial audio data busses are programmable for I2S, left- or right-justified, DSP, PCM, or TDM mode. Two highly programmable PLLs are included for flexible clock generation and support for all standard audio rates from a wide range of available MCLK_x frequencies, varying from 512 kHz to 50 MHz, with special attention paid to the most popular cases of 12-MHz, 13-MHz, 16-MHz, 19.2-MHz, and 19.68-MHz system clocks.
The TLV320AIC34 operates from an analog supply of 2.7 V to 3.6 V, a digital core supply of 1.65 V to 1.95 V, and a digital I/O supply of 1.1 V to 3.6 V. The device is available in a 6-mm × 6-mm, 87-ball NFBGA package.