|Package | PIN:||PW | 28|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 70)|
- High-Performance Stereo DAC
- 100-dB SNR multibit sigma-delta ADC (A-weighted at 48 kHz)
- 1.42 V 3.6 V digital supply: compatible with TI C54x DSP core voltages
- 2.7 V 3.6 V analog supply: compatible TI C54x DSP buffer voltages
- 8-kHz 96-kHz sampling-frequency support
- Software control via TI McBSP-compatible multiprotocol serial port
- 2-wire-compatible and SPI-compatible serial port protocols
- Glueless interface to TI McBSPs
- Audio data input/output via TI McBSP compatible programmable audio interface
- I2S-compatible interface
- Standard I2S, MSB, or LSB justified data transfers
- 16/20/24/32-bit word lengths
- Audio master/slave timing capability optimized for TI DSPs (250/272 fs)
- Industry-standard master/slave support also provided (256/384 fs)
- Glueless interface to TI McBSPs
- Stereo line inputs
- Stereo line outputs
- Analog stereo mixer for DAC and analog bypass path
- Analog volume control with mute
- Highly efficient linear headphone amplifier
- 30 mW into 32 from a 3.3-V analog supply voltage
- Flexible power management under total software control
- 18-mW power consumption during playback mode
- Standby power consumption < 150 µW
- Power-down power consumption < 15 µW
- Industrys smallest package: 32-Pin TI proprietary MicroStar Junior
- 25 mm2 total board area
- 28-Pin TSSOP available (62 mm2 total board area)
- 28-Pin QFN available (25mm2 total board area)
- Ideally suitable for portable solid-state audio players and recorders
MicroStar Junior is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TLV320DAC23PW
The TLV320DAC23 is a high performance stereo DAC with highly integrated analog functionality. The DACs within the TLV320DAC23 are comprised of multibit sigma-delta technology with integrated over-sampling digital interpolation filters. Supported data transfer word lengths are 16, 20, 24, and 32 bits with sample rates from 8 kHz to 96 kHz. The DAC sigma-delta modulator features a second order multibit architecture with up to 100 dBA SNR at audio sample rates up to 96 kHz. This enables high quality digital audio playback capability while consuming less than 19 mW during playback only. The TLV320DAC23 is the ideal choice for portable digital audio player applications such as MP3 digital audio players.
Integrated analog features consist of stereo line inputs with an analog bypass path and a stereo headphone amplifier with analog volume control and mute. The headphone amplifier is capable of delivering 30 mW per channel into 32 . The analog bypass path allows use of the stereo line inputs and the headphone amplifier with analog volume control while completely bypassing the DAC, thus enabling further design flexibility such as integrated FM tuners.
While the TLV320DAC23 supports the industry standard over-sample rates of 256 fs and 384 fs, unique over-sample rates of 250 fs and 272 fs are provided which optimize interface considerations in designs using TI C54x DSPs and USB data interfaces. A single 12-MHz crystal can be used to supply clocking to the DSP, USB, and DAC. The TLV320DAC23 features an internal oscillator which, when connected to a 12-MHz external crystal, will provide a system clock to the DSP and other peripherals at either 12 MHz or 6 MHz using an internal clock buffer and selectable divider. Audio sample rates of 48 kHz and CD standard rates of 44.1 kHz are directly supported from a 12-MHz master clock with 250 fs and 272 fs over-sample rates.
Low power consumption and flexible power management allow selective shutdown of DAC functions, thus extending battery life in portable applications. Couple this design solution with the industrys smallest package, the TI proprietary MicroStar Junior using only 25 mm2 of board area, powerful portable stereo audio designs are easily realizable in a cost effective, space saving total analog solution.