|Package | PIN:||RHB | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Stereo Audio DAC
- 95-dBA Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 16/20/24/32-Bit Data
- Supports Rates From 8 kHz to 96 kHz
- 3D/Bass/Treble/EQ/De-emphasis Effects
- Two Audio Input Pins
- Allows Analog Bypass Path
- Four Audio Output Drivers
- Stereo 8-, 500-mW/Channel SpeakerDrive Capability
- Stereo Fully Differential or Single-Ended Headphone Drivers
- Low Power: 18-mW Stereo 48-kHz Playback With 3.3-V Analog Supply
- Programmable Input/Output Analog Gains
- Programmable Microphone Bias Level
- Headphone Jack Detection
- Programmable PLL for Flexible Clock Generation
- I2C Control Bus
- Audio Serial Data Bus Supports I2S, Left/Right-Justified, DSP, and TDM Modes
- Extensive Modular Power Control
- Internal Selectable LDO Allows Operation From Single 3.3-V Supply
- Power Supplies:
- Analog: 2.7 V-3.6 V.
- Digital Core: 1.525 V-1.95 V
- Digital I/O: 1.1 V-3.6 V
- Package: 5 × 5 mm 32-QFN
Texas Instruments TLV320DAC32IRHBT
The TLV320DAC32 is a low power stereo audio DAC with and integrated power amplifier designed to drive stereo headphones or speakers. This device also has a pair of analog inputs which allow routing of external signals to the output amplifiers. The playback path includes a mix/mux capability from the stereo DAC and analog inputs, through programmable volume controls, to the headphone outputs. Extensive register-based power control is included, enabling stereo 96-kHz playback as low as 20mW from a 3.3-V analog supply, making it ideal for portable battery-powered audio and telephony applications.
The TLV320DAC32 contains four high-power output drivers. These drivers are capable of driving a variety of load configurations, including up to four channels of single-ended 16-Ω headphones using ac-coupling capacitors, or stereo 16-Ω headphones in a cap-less output configuraton. In addition, pairs of drivers can be used to drive 8-Ω speakers in a BTL configuration at 500 mW per channel.
The stereo audio DAC supports sampling rates from 8-kHz to 96-kHz and includes programmable digital filtering in the DAC path for 3D, bass, treble, midrange effects, speaker equalization, and de-emphasis for 32-kHz, 44.1-kHz, and 48-kHz rates.
The serial control bus uses the I2C protocol, while the serial audio data bus is programmable for I2S, left/right-justified, DSP, or TDM modes. A highly programmable PLL is included for flexible clock generation and support for all standard audio rates from a wide range of available MCLKs, varying from 512-kHz to 50-MHz, with special attention paid to the most popular cases of 12-MHz, 13-MHz, 16-MHz, 19.2-MHz, and 19.68-MHz system clocks.
The TLV320DAC32 operates from analog supplies of 2.7 V - 3.6 V, a digital core supply of 1.525 V - 1.95 V, and a digital I/O supply of 1.1 V - 3.6 V. An internal LDO regulator allows the device to internally generate the lower voltage power supply needed for digital core logic, thereby allowing full operation from a single 3.3-V supply voltage.
The TLV320DAC32 is a software-compatible subset of the existing TLV320AIC32 and TLV320AIC33 audio codecs, allowing simple transition from a system with record and playback to a system with playback only.
The device is available in a 5 x 5mm 32-lead QFN package.