|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- 8-Bit Voltage Output DAC
- Programmable Settling Time vs Power Consumption
- 3 µs in Fast Mode
- 9 µs in Slow Mode
- Ultra Low Power Consumption:
- 900 µW Typ in Slow Mode at 3 V
- 2.1 mW Typ in Fast Mode at 3 V
- Differential Nonlinearity . . . <0.2 LSB
- Compatible With TMS320 and SPI Serial Ports
- Power-Down Mode. Buffered High-Impedance Reference Input
- Monotonic Over Temperature
- Available in MSOP Package
Texas Instruments TLV5623CDGK
The TLV5623 is a 8-bit voltage output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with a flexible 4-wire serial interface. The 4-wire serial interface allows glueless interface to TMS320, SPI, QSPI, and Microwire serial ports. The TLV5623 is programmed with a 16-bit serial string containing 4 control and 8 data bits. Developed for a wide range of supply voltages, the TLV5623 can operate from 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
The resistor string output voltage is buffered by a x2 gain rail-to-rail output buffer. The buffer features a Class AB output stage to improve stability and reduce settling time. The settling time of the DAC is programmable to allow the designer to optimize speed versus power dissipation. The settling time is chosen by the control bits within the 16-bit serial input string. A high-impedance buffer is integrated on the REFIN terminal to reduce the need for a low source impedance drive to the terminal.
Implemented with a CMOS process, the TLV5623 is designed for single supply operation from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. The device is available in an 8-terminal SOIC package. The TLV5623C is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C. The TLV5623I is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.