|Package | PIN:||PW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 12-Bit Voltage OutputDAC
- Programmable Internal Reference
- Programmable Settling Time vs Power
- 1 µs in Fast Mode
- 3.5 µs in Slow Mode
- 8-Bit µController Compatible Interface
- Differential Nonlinearity. . .<0.5 LSB Typ
- Voltage Output Range. . .2x the Reference Voltage
- Monotonic Over Temperature
- Digital Servo Control Loops
- Digital Offset and Gain Adjustment
- Industrial Process Control
- Machine and Motion Control Devices
- Mass Storage Devices
MCS is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation .
Texas Instruments TLV5633IPW
The TLV5633 is a 12-bit voltage output digital- to-analog converter (DAC) with an 8-bit microcontroller compatible parallel interface. The 8 LSBs, the 4 MSBs, and 5 control bits are written using three different addresses. Developed for a wide range of supply voltages, the TLV5633 can be operated from 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
The resistor string output voltage is buffered by a x2 gain rail-to-rail output buffer. The buffer features a Class A (slow mode: AB) output stage to improve stability and reduce settling time. The programmable settling time of the DAC allows the designer to optimize speed versus power dissipation. With its on-chip programmable precision voltage reference, the TLV5633 simplifies overall system design. Because of its ability to source up to 1 mA, the internal reference can also be used as a system reference. The settling time and the reference voltage can be chosen by a control register.
Implemented with a CMOS process, the device is designed for single supply operation from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. It is available in 20-pin SOIC and TSSOP packages in standard commercial and industrial temperature ranges.