|Package | PIN:||PW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 12-Bit Voltage Output DAC
- Programmable Internal Reference
- Programmable Settling Time vs Power Consumption
- 1 µs in Fast Mode
- 3.5 µs in Slow Mode
- Compatible With TMS320
- Differential Nonlinearity...<0.5 LSB Typ
- Voltage Output Range ... 2x the Reference Voltage
- Monotonic Over Temperature
- Digital Servo Control Loops
- Digital Offset and Gain Adjustment
- Industrial Process Control
- Machine and Motion Control Devices
- Mass Storage Devices
Texas Instruments TLV5639IPW
The TLV5639 is a 12-bit voltage output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with a microprocessor compatible parallel interface. It is programmed with a 16-bit data word containing 4 control and 12 data bits. Developed for a wide range of supply voltages, the TLV5639 can be operated from 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
The resistor string output voltage is buffered by a x2 gain rail-to-rail output buffer. The buffer features a ClassAB output stage to improve stability and reduce settling time. The programmable settling time of the DAC allows the designer to optimize speed versus power dissipation. Because of its ability to source up to 1 mA, the internal reference can also be used as a system reference. With its on-chip programmable precision voltage reference, the TLV5639 simplifies overall system design. The settling time and the reference voltage can be chosen by the control bits within the 16-bit data word.
Implemented with a CMOS process, the device is designed for single supply operation from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. It is available in 20-pin SOIC and TSSOP packages in standard commercial and industrial temperature ranges.