|Package | PIN:||RGT | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 2.5 V to 5.5 V Input Voltage Range
- Up To 98% Efficiency
- Power Save Mode
- 20 µA Operating Quiescent Current
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- 1.4 MHz Typical Switching Frequency
- 0.8 V to VIN Adjustable Output Voltage
- Output Discharge Function
- Adjustable Softstart
- Hiccup Short Circuit Protection
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Pin-to-Pin Compatible with TPS62090, TLV62095 and TPS62095
- For Improved Feature Set, See TPS62090
- Create a Custom Design using the TLV62090 with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
Texas Instruments TLV62090RGTT
The TLV62090 device is a high frequency synchronous step-down converter optimized for small solution size, high efficiency and suitable for battery powered applications. To maximize efficiency, the converter operates in pulse width modulation (PWM) mode with a nominal switching frequency of 1.4 MHz and it automatically enters power save mode operation at light load currents. When used in distributed power supplies and point of load regulation, the device allows voltage tracking to other voltage rails and tolerates output capacitors ranging from 10 µF up to 150 µF and beyond. Using the DCS-Control topology, the device achieves excellent load transient performance and accurate output voltage regulation.
The output voltage start-up ramp is controlled by the softstart pin, which allows operation as either a standalone power supply or in tracking configurations. Power sequencing is also possible by configuring the enable (EN) and power good (PG) pins. In power save mode, the device operates with typically 20-µA quiescent current. Power save mode is entered automatically and seamlessly, maintaining high efficiency over the entire load current range.
The device is available in a 3 mm × 3 mm 16-pin VQFN (RGT) package.