|Package | PIN:||PGE | 144|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 100)|
- Advanced Multibus Architecture With Three Separate 16-Bit Data Memory Buses and One Program Memory Bus
- 40-Bit Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU), Including a 40-Bit Barrel Shifter and Two Independent 40-Bit Accumulators
- 17-× 17-Bit Parallel Multiplier Coupled to a 40-Bit Dedicated Adder for Non-Pipelined Single-Cycle Multiply/Accumulate (MAC) Operation
- Compare, Select, and Store Unit (CSSU) for the Add/Compare Selection of the Viterbi Operator
- Exponent Encoder to Compute an Exponent Value of a 40-Bit Accumulator Value in a Single Cycle
- Two Address Generators With Eight Auxiliary Registers and Two Auxiliary Register Arithmetic Units (ARAUs)
- Data Bus With a Bus-Holder Feature
- Extended Addressing Mode for 1M × 16-Bit Maximum Addressable External Program Space
- 4K x 16-Bit On-Chip ROM
- 16K x 16-Bit Dual-Access On-Chip RAM
- Single-Instruction-Repeat and Block-Repeat Operations for Program Code
- Block-Memory-Move Instructions for Efficient Program and Data Management
- Instructions With a 32-Bit Long Word Operand
- Instructions With Two- or Three-Operand Reads
- Arithmetic Instructions With Parallel Store and Parallel Load
- Conditional Store Instructions
- Fast Return From Interrupt
- On-Chip Peripherals
- Software-Programmable Wait-State Generator and Programmable Bank Switching
- On-Chip Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) Clock Generator With Internal Oscillator or External Clock Source
- Two Multichannel Buffered Serial Ports (McBSPs)
- Enhanced 8-Bit Parallel Host-Port Interface (HPI8)
- Two 16-Bit Timers
- Six-Channel Direct Memory Access (DMA) Controller
- Power Consumption Control With IDLE1, IDLE2, and IDLE3 Instructions With Power-Down Modes
- CLKOUT Off Control to Disable CLKOUT
- On-Chip Scan-Based Emulation Logic, IEEE Std 1149.1 (JTAG) Boundary Scan Logic
- 10-ns Single-Cycle Fixed-Point Instruction Execution Time (100 MIPS) for 3.3-V Power Supply (1.8-V Core)
- Available in a 144-Pin Plastic Low-Profile Quad Flatpack (LQFP) (PGE Suffix) and a 144-Pin Ball Grid Array (BGA) (GGU Suffix)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
IEEE Standard 1149.1-1990 Standard-Test-Access Port and Boundary Scan Architecture.
NOTE:This data sheet is designed to be used in conjunction with the TMS320C5000 DSP Family Functional Overview (literature number SPRU307).
Texas Instruments TMS320VC5402PGE100
The TMS320VC5402 fixed-point, digital signal processor (DSP) (hereafter referred to as the '5402 unless otherwise specified) is based on an advanced modified Harvard architecture that has one program memory bus and three data memory buses. This processor provides an arithmetic logic unit (ALU) with a high degree of parallelism, application-specific hardware logic, on-chip memory, and additional on-chip peripherals. The basis of the operational flexibility and speed of this DSP is a highly specialized instruction set.
Separate program and data spaces allow simultaneous access to program instructions and data, providing the high degree of parallelism. Two read operations and one write operation can be performed in a single cycle. Instructions with parallel store and application-specific instructions can fully utilize this architecture. In addition, data can be transferred between data and program spaces. Such parallelism supports a powerful set of arithmetic, logic, and bit-manipulation operations that can be performed in a single machine cycle. In addition, the '5402 includes the control mechanisms to manage interrupts, repeated operations, and function calls.