|Package | PIN:||DGN | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 2 W Into 4 Ω From 5-V Supply
- 0.6 W Into 4 Ω From 3-V Supply
- Wide Power Supply Compatibility: 3 V to 5 V
- Low Supply Current:
- 4 mA Typical at 5 V
- 4 mA Typical at 3 V
- Shutdown Control: 1 µA Typical
- Shutdown Pin Is TTL Compatible
- –40°C to 85°C Operating Temperature Range
- Space-Saving, Thermally-Enhanced MSOP-PowerPAD™ Packaging
Texas Instruments TPA0211DGNR
The TPA0211 is a 2-W mono bridge-tied-load (BTL) amplifier designed to drive speakers with as low as 4-Ω impedance. The device is ideal for small wireless communicators, notebook PCs, PDAs, anyplace a mono speaker and stereo headphones are required. From a 5-V supply, the TPA0211 can deliver 2 W of power into a 4-Ω speaker.
The gain of the input stage is set by the user-selected input resistor and a 50-kΩ internal feedback resistor (AV = –RF / RI). The power stage is internally configured with a gain of –1.25 V/V in SE mode, and –2.5 V/V in BTL mode. Thus, the overall gain of the amplifier is –62.5 kΩ/RI in SE mode and –125 kΩ/RI in BTL mode. The input terminals are high-impedance CMOS inputs, and can be used as summing nodes.
The TPA0211 is available in the 8-pin thermally-enhanced MSOP-PowerPAD package (DGN) and operates over an ambient temperature range of –40°C to 85°C.