|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015; Exceeds 200 V Using Machine Model (C = 200 pF, R = 0)
- Modulation Scheme Optimized to Operate Without a Filter
- Extremely Efficient Third-Generation 5-V Class-D Technology:
- Low Supply Current (No Filter) . . . 4 mA
- Low Supply Current (Filter) . . . 7.5 mA
- Low Shutdown Current . . . 0.05 µA
- Low-Noise Floor . . . 40 µVRMS (No-Weighting Filter)
- Maximum Efficiency Into 8 Ω, 75 85%
- Four Internal Gain Settings . . . 6 23.5 dB
- PSSR . . . 77 dB
- 4 mm × 4 mm MicroStar™ Junior BGA and TSSOP Package Options
- 2 W Into a 4-Ω Speaker (THD+N<1%)
- <0.2% THD+N at 1.5 W, 1 kHz, Into a 4-Ω Load
- Integrated Depop Circuitry
- Short-Circuit Protection (Short to PVDD, Ground, and Load)
MicroStar is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPA2000D1TPWRG4Q1
The TPA2000D1 is a 2-W mono bridge-tied-load (BTL) class-D amplifier designed to drive a speaker with at least 4-Ω impedance. The amplifier uses Texas Instruments third-generation modulation technique, which results in improved efficiency and SNR. It also allows the device to be connected directly to the speaker without the use of the LC output filter commonly associated with class-D amplifiers (this results in EMI which must be shielded at the system level). These features make the device ideal for use in devices where high efficiency is needed to extend battery run time.
The gain of the amplifier is controlled by two input terminals, GAIN1 and GAIN0. This allows the amplifier to be configured for a gain of 6, 12, 18, and 23.5 dB. The differential input terminals are high-impedance CMOS inputs and can be used as summing nodes.
The class-D BTL amplifier includes depop circuitry to reduce the amount of turnon pop at power up and when cycling SHUTDOWN.
The TPA2000D1 is available in the 16-pin TSSOP and MicroStar Junior BGA packages and drive 2 W of continuous output power into a 4-Ω load. The TPA2000D1T operates over an ambient temperature range of 40°C to 105°C.