|Package | PIN:||PWP | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Modulation Scheme Optimized to Operate Without a Filter
- 2 W Into 3- Load
- Extremely Efficient Third Generation 5-V Class-D Technology:
- Low Supply Current (No Filter). . .8 mA
- Low Supply Current (Filter). . .15 mA
- Low Shutdown Current. . .1 µA
- Low Noise Floor. . . 56 µVRMS
- Maximum Efficiency Into 3 , 75-85%
- 4 Internal Gain Settings. . .8-23.5 dB
- PSRR. . .-77 dB
- Integrated Depop Circuitry
- Short-Circuit Protection (Short to Battery, Ground, and Load)
- -40°C to 85°C Operating Temperature Range
Texas Instruments TPA2000D2PWPR
The TPA2000D2 is the third generation 5-V class-D amplifier from Texas Instruments. Improvements to previous generation devices include: lower supply current, lower noise floor, better efficiency, four different gain settings, smaller packaging, and fewer external components. The most significant advancement with this device is its modulation scheme that allows the amplifier to operate without the output filter. Eliminating the output filter saves the user approximately 30% in system cost and 75% in PCB area.
The TPA2000D2 is a monolithic class-D power IC stereo audio amplifier, using the high switching speed of power MOSFET transistors. These transistors reproduce the analog signal through high-frequency switching of the output stage. The TPA2000D2 is configured as a bridge-tied load (BTL) amplifier capable of delivering greater than 2 W of continuous average power into a 3- load at 1 kHz, the typical THD+N is less than 0.08%.
A BTL configuration eliminates the need for external coupling capacitors on the output. Low supply current of 8 mA makes the device ideal for battery-powered applications. Protection circuitry increases device reliability: thermal, over-current, and under-voltage shutdown.
Efficient class-D modulation enables the TPA2000D2 to operate at full power into 3- loads at an ambient temperature of 85°C.