|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Modulation Scheme Optimized to Operate Without a Filter
- TSSOP Package Options
- 1 W Into an 8- Speaker (THD+N<1%)
- <0.2% THD+N at 1 W, 1 kHz, Into an 8- Load
- Extremely Efficient Third Generation 5-V Class-D Technology:
- Low-Supply Current (No Filter) ...4 mA
- Low-Supply Current (Filter) . . . 7.5 mA
- Low-Shutdown Current . . . 0.05 µA
- Low-Noise Floor ...40 µVRMS (No-Weighting Filter)
- Maximum Efficiency Into 8 , 75 85%
- 4 Internal Gain Settings ...6 23.5 dB
- PSRR . . . 77 dB
- Integrated Depop Circuitry
- Short-Circuit Protection (Short to Battery, Ground, and Load)
Texas Instruments TPA2001D1PW
The TPA2001D1 is a 1-W mono bridge-tied-load (BTL) class-D amplifier designed to drive a speaker with at least 8- impedance. The amplifier uses TIs third generation modulation technique, which results in improved efficiency and SNR. It also allows the device to be connected directly to the speaker without the use of the LC output filter commonly associated with class-D amplifiers (this results in EMI which must be shielded at the system level). These features make the device ideal for use in devices where high-efficiency is needed to extend battery run time.
The gain of the amplifier is controlled by two input terminals, GAIN1, and GAIN0. This allows the amplifier to be configured for a gain of 6, 12, 18, and 23.5 dB. The differential input terminals are high-impedance CMOS inputs, and can be used as summing nodes.
The class-D BTL amplifier includes depop circuitry to reduce the amount of turnon pop at power up, and when cycling SHUTDOWN\.
The TPA2001D1 is available in the 16-pin TSSOP package that drives 1 W of continuous output power into an 8- load. TPA2001D1 operates over an ambient temperature range of 40°C to 85°C.