|Package | PIN:||PWP | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 3 W Per Channel into 3- Speakers (THD+N = 10%)
- < 0.045% THD at 1.5 W, 1 kHz, 3- Load
- DC Volume Control With 2-dB Steps From 38 dB to 20 dB
- Filter Free Modulation Scheme Operates Without a Large and Expensive LC Output Filter
- Extremely Efficient Third Generation 5-V Class-D Technology
- Low Supply Current, 7 mA
- Low Shutdown Control, 1 µA
- Low Noise Floor, 80 dBV
- Maximum Efficiency into 3 , 78%
- Maximum Efficiency into 8 , 88%
- PSRR, 70 dB
- Integrated Depop Circuitry
- Operating Temperature Range, 40°C to 85°C
- Space-Saving, Surface Mount PowerPAD Package
- LCD Projectors
- LCD Monitors
- Powered Speakers
- Battery Operated and Space Constrained Systems
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPA2008D2PWP
The TPA2008D2 is a third generation 5-V class-D amplifier from Texas Instruments. Improvements to previous generation devices include: dc volume control, lower supply current, lower noise floor, higher efficiency, smaller packaging, and fewer external components. Most notably, a new filter-free class-D modulation technique allows the TPA2008D2 to directly drive the speakers, without needing a low-pass output filter consisting of two inductors and three capacitors per channel. Eliminating this output filter saves approximately 30% in system cost and 75% in PCB area.
The improvements and functionality make this device ideal for LCD projectors, LCD monitors, powered speakers, and other applications that demand more battery life, reduced board space, and functionality that surpasses currently available class-D devices.
A chip-level shutdown control limits total supply current to 1 µA, making the device ideal for battery-powered applications. Protection circuitry increases device reliability: thermal and short circuit. Undervoltage shutdown saves battery power for more essential devices when battery voltage drops to low levels.
The TPA2008D2 is available in a 24-pin TSSOP PowerPAD package.