|Package | PIN:||YZH | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High Efficiency Integrated Boost Converter (Over
- 2.2-W into an 8-Ω Load from a 3.6-V Supply
- 2.7-W into an 4-Ω Load from a 3.6-V Supply
- Operates from 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Efficient Class-D Prolongs Battery Life
- Independent Shutdown for Boost Converter and
- Differential Inputs Reduce RF Common Noise
- Built-In INPUT Low-Pass Filter Decreases RF and
Out-of-Band Noise Sensitivity
- Synchronized Boost and Class-D Eliminates Beat
- Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- Available in 2.275-mm × 2.275-mm 16-ball WCSP
and 4-mm × 4-mm 20-Lead QFN Packages
- 3 Selectable Gain Settings of 2 V/V, 6 V/V, and
Texas Instruments TPA2013D1YZHR
The TPA2013D1 device is a high efficiency Class-D audio power amplifier with an integrated boost converter. It drives up to 2.7 W (10% THD+N) into a 4-Ω speaker. With 85% typical efficiency, the TPA2013D1 helps extend battery life when playing audio.
The built-in boost converter generates the voltage rail for the Class-D amplifier. This provides a louder audio output than a stand-alone amplifier connected directly to the battery. It also maintains a consistent loudness, regardless of battery voltage. Additionally, the boost converter can be used to supply external devices.
The TPA2013D1 has an integrated low pass filter to improve RF rejection and reduce out-of-band noise, increasing the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). A built-in PLL synchronizes the boost converter and Class-D switching frequencies, thus eliminating beat frequencies and improving audio quality. All outputs are fully protected against shorts to ground, power supply, and output-to-output shorts.