|Package | PIN:||YZH | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High Efficiency Integrated Boost Converter (Over 90% Efficiency)
- 1.5-W into an 8-Ω Load from a 3.6-V Supply
- Operates from 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Efficient Class-D Prolongs Battery Life
- Independent Shutdown for Boost Converter and Class-D Amplifier
- Differential Inputs Reduce RF Common Noise
- Built-in INPUT Low Pass Filter Decreases RF and Out of Band Noise Sensitivity
- Synchronized Boost and Class-D Eliminates Beat Frequencies
- Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- Available in 16-ball WCSP and 20-Lead QFN Packages
- 3 Selectable Gain Settings of 2 V/V, 6 V/V, and
- Cell Phones
- Portable Electronics
Texas Instruments TPA2014D1YZHR
The TPA2014D1 is a high efficiency Class-D audio power amplifier with an integrated boost converter. It drives up to 1.5 W (10% THD+N) into a 8 Ω speaker from a 3.6 V supply. With 85% typical efficiency, the TPA2014D1 helps extend battery life when playing audio.
The built-in boost converter generates a higher voltage rail for the Class-D amplifier. This provides a louder audio output than a stand-alone amplifier connected directly to the battery. It also maintains a consistent loudness, regardless of battery voltage. Additionally, the boost converter can be used to supply external devices.
The TPA2014D1 has an integrated low pass filter to improve RF rejection and reduce out-of-band noise, increasing the signal to noise ratio (SNR). A built-in PLL synchronizes the boost converter and Class-D switching frequencies, thus eliminating beat frequencies and improving audio quality. All outputs are fully protected against shorts to ground, power supply, and output-to-output shorts.