|Package | PIN:||RTJ | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Filter-Free Class-D Architecture
- 1.7 W/Ch Into 8 Ω at 5 V (10% THD+N)
- 750 mW/Ch Into 8 Ω at 3.6 V (10% THD+N)
- 2.8 W/Ch Into 4 Ω at 5 V (10% THD+N)
- 1.5 W/Ch Into 4 Ω at 3.6 V (10% THD+N)
- Power Supply Range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Flexible Operation With or Without I2C
- Programmable DRC and AGC Parameters
- Digital I2C Volume Control /li>
- Selectable Gain from –28 dB to 30 dB in 1-dB
Steps (When Compression is Used)
- Selectable Attack, Release, and Hold Times
- 4 Selectable Compression Ratios
- Low Supply Current: 3.5 mA
- Low Shutdown Current: 0.2 µA
- High PSRR: 80 dB
- Fast Start-Up Time: 5 ms
- AGC Enable or Disable Function
- Limiter Enable or Disable Function
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- Space-Saving Package
- 2.2 mm × 2.2 mm Nano-Free™ DSBGA (YZH)
Texas Instruments TPA2016D2RTJR
The TPA2016D2 device is a stereo, filter-free Class-D audio power amplifier with volume control, dynamic range compression (DRC), and automatic gain control (AGC). It is available in a 2.2 mm × 2.2 mm DSBGA package and 20-pin QFN package.
The DRC and AGC function in the TPA2016D2 is programmable through a digital I2C interface. The DRC and AGC function can be configured to automatically prevent distortion of the audio signal and enhance quiet passages that are normally not heard. The DRC and AGC can also be configured to protect the speaker from damage at high power levels and compress the dynamic range of music to fit within the dynamic range of the speaker. The gain can be selected from –28 dB to +30 dB in 1-dB steps.
The TPA2016D2 is capable of driving 1.7 W/Ch at 5 V or 750 mW/Ch at 3.6 V into 8-Ω load or 2.8 W/Ch at 5 V or 1.5 W/Ch at 3.6 V into 4-Ω load. The device features independent software shutdown controls for each channel and also provides thermal and short-circuit protection.
In addition to these features, a fast start-up time and small package size make the TPA2016D2 an ideal choice for cellular handsets, PDAs, and other portable applications.