|Package | PIN:||YFF | 25|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Mono Class-D Amp: 730 mW into 8 from 3.6 V Supply (1% THD)
- Class-D Bypass Switches
- DirectPath Stereo Headphone Amplifier
- No Output Capacitors Required
- SpeakerGuard Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- One Differential Mono and Two Stereo Single-Ended Inputs
- 3:1 Input MUX with Mode Control
- 32-Step Volume Control for Both Input Channels
- Independent Volume Controls for All Inputs
- Independent Shutdown for Headphone and Class-D Amplifiers
- I2C Interface
- Short-Circuit and Thermal-Overload Protection
- Operates from 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- 25-Ball 2,16 mm × 2,11 mm, 0,4 mm pitch WCSP
- Smart Phones / Cellular Phones
- Portable Media Players
- Portable Gaming
- Multimedia Platforms
Texas Instruments TPA2051D3YFFR
The TPA2051D3 is an audio subsystem with a mono Class-D power amplifier, a stereo DirectPath headphone amplifier, and bypass switches. The DirectPath headphone amplifier eliminates the need for external dc-blocking output capacitors. The built-in charge pump creates a negative supply voltage for the headphone amplifier, allowing a 0 V dc bias at the output. The DirectPath headphone amplifier drives 25 mW into 16 speakers from a 4.2 V supply.
The subsystem includes three inputs: A differential mono input and two stereo single-ended (SE) inputs. The stereo inputs are also configurable as differential mono inputs. Each input channel has an independent volume control. Seven operating modes provide input-to-output combinations and shutdown control. Operating mode and volume levels are controlled over a 1.8 V compatible I2C interface.
The TPA2051D3 uses SpeakerGuardTM technology to prevent output clipping distortion and excessive power to the speaker and headphones.
The Class-D amplifier includes a bypass mode. This allows the baseband IC (BB) to directly drive the 8 speaker. This is useful for dual-mode speaker phones in voiceonly mode.
The Class-D amplifier uses 4.9 mA and the DirectPath amplifier uses 4.1 mA of typical quiescent current. Total supply current reduces to less than 1 µA in shutdown.
The TPA2051D3 is available in a 25-bump 2,16 mm × 2,11 mm, 0,4 mm pitch WCSP with less than 0.8 mm height.