|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 10-W into an 8-Ω Load at 10% THD+N From a 12-V Supply
- 7-W into an 4-Ω Load at 10% THD+N From a 8-V Supply
- 94% Efficient Class-D Operation into 8-Ω Load Eliminates Need for Heat Sinks
- Wide Supply Voltage Range Allows Operation from 8 to 26 V
- Filter-Free Operation
- SpeakerGuard™ Speaker Protection Includes Adjustable Power Limiter Plus DC Protection
- Flow-Through Pinout Facilitates Easy Board Layout
- Robust Pin-to-Pin Short-Circuit Protection and Thermal Protection With Auto-Recovery Option
- Excellent THD+N and Pop-Free Performance
- Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings
- Differential Inputs
- Monitors and Laptops
- Consumer Audio Equipment
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPA3111D1PWPR
The TPA3111D1 device is a 10-W, efficient, Class-D audio power amplifier for driving a bridge tied speaker. Advanced EMI suppression technology enables the use of inexpensive ferrite bead filters at the outputs while meeting EMC requirements. SpeakerGuard speaker protection system includes an adjustable power limiter and a DC detection circuit. The adjustable power limiter lets the user to set a virtual voltage rail lower than the chip supply to limit the current through the speaker. The DC Detect circuit measures the frequency and amplitude of the PWM signal and shuts off the output stage if the input capacitors are damaged or shorts exist on the inputs.
The TPA3111D1 can drive a mono speaker as low as 4 Ω. The high efficiency of the TPA3111D1, >90%, eliminates the requirement for an external heat sink when playing music.
The outputs are fully protected against shorts to GND, VCC, and output-to-output. The short-circuit protection and thermal protection includes an auto-recovery feature.