|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C2
- 10-W into an 8-Ω Load at 10% THD+N from a 12-V Supply
- 7-W into a 4-Ω Load at 10% THD+N from an 8-V Supply
- 94% Efficient Class-D Operation into 8-Ω Load Eliminates Need for Heat Sinks
- Wide Supply Voltage Range Allows Operation from 8 to 26 V
- Filter-Free Operation
- SpeakerGuard Speaker Protection Includes Adjustable Power Limiter Plus DC Protection
- Flow Through Pin Out Facilitates Easy Board Layout
- Robust Pin-to-Pin Short-Circuit Protection and Thermal Protection with Auto-Recovery Option
- Excellent THD+N and Pop Free Performance
- Four Selectable Fixed Gain Settings
- Differential Inputs
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPA3111D1QPWPRQ1
The TPA3111D1-Q1 device is a 10-W efficient, Class-D audio power amplifier for driving a bridge tied speaker. Advanced EMI suppression technology enables the use of inexpensive ferrite bead filters at the outputs while meeting EMC requirements. SpeakerGuard™ protection circuitry includes an adjustable power limiter and a DC detection circuit. The adjustable power limiter allows the user to set a virtual voltage rail lower than the chip supply to limit the amount of current through the speaker. The DC-detect circuit measures the frequency and amplitude of the PWM signal and shuts off the output stage if the input capacitors are damaged or shorts exist on the inputs.
The TPA3111D1-Q1 device can drive a mono speaker as low as 4 Ω. The high efficiency of the TPA3111D1-Q1 device, > 90%, eliminates the need for an external heat sink when playing music.
The outputs are fully protected against shorts to GND, VCC, and output-to-output. The short-circuit protection and thermal protection includes an auto-recovery feature.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.