|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C AmbientOperating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification LevelH2
- Device CDM ESD Classification LevelC2
- 25-W into an 8-Ω Load at < 0.1% THD+N From a 24-V Supply
- 20-W into an 4-Ω Load at 10% THD+N From a 12-V Supply
- 94% Efficient Class-D Operation into 8-Ω Load Eliminates Need for Heat Sinks
- Wide Supply Voltage Range Allows Operation from 8 to 26 V
- Filter-Free Operation
- SpeakerGuard Protection Circuitry Includes Adjustable Power Limiter Plus DC Protection
- Flow Through Pin Out Facilitates Easy Board Layout
- Robust Pin-to-Pin Short Circuit Protection and Thermal Protection with Auto-Recovery Option
- Excellent THD+N and Pop Free Performance
- Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings
- Differential Inputs
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPA3112D1QPWPRQ1
The TPA3112D1-Q1 is a 25-W efficient, Class-D audio power amplifier for driving a bridgetied speaker. Advanced EMI Suppression Technology enables the use of inexpensive ferrite beadfilters at the outputs while meeting EMC requirements. SpeakerGuard™ protection circuitry system includes an adjustable powerlimiter and a DC detection circuit. The adjustable power limiter allows the user to set a virtualvoltage rail lower than the chip supply to limit the amount of current through the speaker. The DCdetect circuit measures the frequency and amplitude of the PWM signal and shuts off the outputstage if the input capacitors are damaged or shorts exist on the inputs.
The TPA3112D1-Q1 can drive a mono speaker as low as 4 Ω. The high efficiency of thedevice, > 90%, eliminates the need for an external heat sink when playing music.
The outputs are fully protected against shorts to GND, VCC, andoutput-to-output. The short-circuit protection and thermal protection includes an auto-recoveryfeature.