|Package | PIN:||RHB | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 15-W/ch into 8 Loads at 10% THD+N From a 16V Supply
- 10-W/ch into 8 Loads at 10% THD+N From a 13V Supply
- 90% Efficient Class-D Operation Eliminates Need for Heat Sinks
- Wide Supply Voltage Range Allows Operation from 8V to 26V
- Filter-Free Operation
- SpeakerGuard™ Speaker Protection Includes Adjustable Power Limiter
- Excellent THD+N / Pop-Free Performance
- Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings
- Differential Inputs
- Selectable Switching Frequency (290kHz or 390kHz) Allows
Multiple Devices to be Used in One System
- Integrated 5V Regulator With up to 30 mA of Output Current
for Powering External Data Converters
- 5mm × 5mm QFN Packaging
- Consumer Audio Equipment
- All-in-One Computers
SpeakerGuard is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPA3117D2RHBT
The TPA3117D2 is a 15W (per channel) efficient, Class-D audio power amplifier for driving bridged-tied stereo speakers. Advanced EMI Suppression Technology enables the use of inexpensive ferrite bead filters at the outputs while meeting EMC requirements. SpeakerGuard™ speaker protection circuitry includes an adjustable power limiter. The adjustable power limiter allows the user to set a "virtual" voltage rail lower than the chip supply to limit the amount of current through the speaker.
The TPA3117D2 can drive stereo speakers as low as 4. The high efficiency of the TPA3117D2, 90%, eliminates the need for an external heat sink when playing music.
The outputs are also fully protected against shorts to GND, VCC, and output-to-output. The short-circuit protection and thermal protection includes an auto-recovery feature.