|Package | PIN:||RTE | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Patented DirectPath™ Technology Eliminates Need for DC-Blocking Capacitors
- Outputs Biased at 0 V
- Excellent Low Frequency Fidelity
- Active Click and Pop Suppression
- 2.1 mA Typical Supply Current
- Fully Differential or Single-Ended Inputs
- Built-In Resistors Reduces Component Count
- Improves System Noise Performance
- Constant Maximum Output Power from 2.3 V to 5.5 V Supply
- Simplifies Design to Prevent Acoustic Shock
- Improved RF Noise Immunity
- MicrosoftTM Windows VistaTM Compliant
- High Power Supply Noise Rejection
- 100 dB PSRR at 217 Hz
- 90 dB PSRR at 10 kHz
- Wide Power Supply Range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Gain Settings: –6 dB, 0 dB, 3 dB, and 6 dB
- Short-Circuit and Thermal-Overload Protection
- ±8 kV HBM ESD Protected Outputs
- Small Package Available
- 16-Pin, 3 mm × 3 mm Thin QFN
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPA6132A2RTER
The TPA6132A2 (sometimes referred to as TPA6132) is a DirectPath™ stereo headphoneamplifier that eliminates the need for external dc-blocking output capacitors. Differential stereoinputs and built-in resistors set the device gain, further reducing external component count. Gainis selectable at –6 dB, 0 dB, 3 dB or 6 dB. The amplifier drives 25 mW into 16 Ω speakers from asingle 2.3 V supply. The TPA6132A2 (TPA6132) provides a constant maximum output power independentof the supply voltage, thus facilitating the design for prevention of acoustic shock.
The TPA6132A2 features fully differential inputs to reduce system noise pickup betweenthe audio source and the headphone amplifier. The high power supply noise rejection performance anddifferential architecture provides increased RF noise immunity. For single-ended input signals,connect INL+ and INR+ to ground.
The device has built-in pop suppression circuitry to completely eliminate disturbing popnoise during turn-on and turn-off. The amplifier outputs have short-circuit and thermal-overloadprotection along with ±8 kV HBM ESD protection, simplifying end equipment compliance to the IEC61000-4-2 ESD standard.
The TPA6132A2 operates from a single 2.3 V to 5.5 V supply with 2.1 mA of typical supplycurrent. Shutdown mode reduces supply current to less than 1 µA.