|Package | PIN:||YFF | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Patented DirectPath Technology Eliminates Need for DC-Blocking Capacitors
- Outputs Biased at 0 V
- Excellent Low Frequency Fidelity
- Active Click and Pop Suppression
- HI-Z Output Mode Allows Sharing Output Jack
- 2.1 mA Typical Supply Current
- Fully Differential Inputs Reduce System Noise
- Also Configurable as Single-Ended Inputs
- SGND Pin Eliminates Ground Loop Noise
- Constant Maximum Output Power from 2.3 V to 5.5 V Supply
- Simplifies Design to Prevent Acoustic Shock
- MicrosoftTM Windows VistaTM Compliant
- 100 dB Power Supply Noise Rejection
- Wide Power Supply Range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Gain Settings: 0 dB and 6 dB
- Short-Circuit and Thermal-Overload Protection
- ±8 kV HBM ESD Protected Outputs
- Small Package Available
- 16-Ball, 1.6 x 1.6 mm, 0.4 mm Pitch WCSP
- Smart Phones / Cellular Phones
- Portable Media / MP3 Players
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Gaming
DirectPath is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Windows Vista is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Texas Instruments TPA6136A2YFFR
The TPA6136A2 (sometimes referred to as TPA6136) is a DirectPath™ stereo headphone amplifier that eliminates the need for external dc-blocking output capacitors. Differential stereo inputs and built-in resistors set the device gain, further reducing external component count. Gain is selectable at 0 dB or 6 dB. The amplifier drives 25 mW into 16 speakers from a single 2.3 V supply. The TPA6136A2 (TPA6136) provides a constant maximum output power independent of the supply voltage, thus facilitating the design for prevention of acoustic shock.
The TPA6136A2 (TPA6136) features fully differential inputs with an integrated low pass filter to reduce system noise pickup between the audio source and the headphone amplifier and to reduce DAC out-of-band noise. The high power supply noise rejection performance and differential architecture provides increased RF noise immunity. For single-ended input signals, connect INL+ and INR+ to ground.
The device has built-in pop suppression circuitry to completely eliminate disturbing pop noise during turn-on and turn-off. The amplifier outputs have short-circuit and thermal-overload protection along with ±8 kV HBM ESD protection, simplifying end equipment compliance to the IEC 61000-4-2 ESD standard.
The TPA6136A2 (TPA6136) operates from a single 2.3 V to 5.5 V supply with 2.1 mA of typical supply current. Shutdown mode reduces supply current to less than 1 µA.