|Package | PIN:||YFF | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- TI Class-G Technology Significantly Prolongs Battery Life and Music Playback Time
- 0.6 mA / Ch Quiescent Current
- 50% to 80% Lower Quiescent Current than Ground-Referenced Class-AB Headphone Amplifiers
- DirectPath™ Technology Eliminates Large Output DC-Blocking Capacitors
- Outputs Biased at 0 V
- Improves Low Frequency Audio Fidelity
- I2C Volume Control
- –59 dB to +4 dB Gain
- Active Click and Pop Suppression
- Fully Differential Inputs Reduce System Noise
- Also Configurable as Single-Ended Inputs
- SGND Pin Eliminates Ground Loop Noise
- Wide Power Supply Range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- 100 dB Power Supply Noise Rejection
- Short-Circuit Current Limiter
- Thermal-Overload Protection
- Software Compatible with TPA6130A2
- 0,4 mm Pitch, 1,6 mm × 1,6 mm WCSP Package
- Cellular Phones / Music Phones
- Portable Media / MP3 Players
- Portable CD / DVD Players
Texas Instruments TPA6140A2YFFR
The TPA6140A2 (also known as TPA6140) is a Class-G DirectPath stereo headphone amplifier with built-in I2C volume control. Class-G technology maximizes battery life by adjusting the voltage supplies of the headphone amplifier based on the audio signal level. At low level audio signals, the internal supply voltage is reduced to minimize power dissipation. DirectPath™ technology eliminates external DC-blocking capacitors.
The device operates from a 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply voltage. Class-G operation keeps total supply current below 5.0 mA while delivering 500 µW per channel into 32 . Shutdown mode reduces the supply current to less than 3 µA and is activated through the I2C interface.
The TPA6140A2 (TPA6140) I2C register map is compatible to the TPA6130A2, simplifying software development.
The amplifier outputs have short-circuit and thermal-overload protection along with ±8 kV HBM ESD protection, simplifying end equipment compliance to the IEC 61000-4-2 ESD standard.
The TPA6140A2 (TPA6140) is available in a 0,4 mm pitch, 16-bump 1,6 mm × 1,6 mm WCSP (YFF) package.