|Package | PIN:||DSK | 10|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- –40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Short-to-VBUS Protection on VD+ and VD–
- ESD Performance VD+, VD–
- ±8-kV Contact Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 330 pF, 330 Ω)
- ±15-kV Air-Gap Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 330 pF, 330 Ω)
- High Speed Data Switches (1-GHz Bandwidth)
- Only Requires 5-V Power Supply
- Adjustable OVP Threshold
- Fast Overvoltage Response Time (200 ns typical)
- Thermal Shutdown Feature
- Integrated Input Enable and Fault Output Signal
- Flow-through Routing for Data Integrity
- 10-pin VSSOP Package (3 mm × 3 mm)
- 10-pin QFN Package (2.5 mm × 2.5mm)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPD2S701QDSKRQ1
The TPD2S701-Q1 is a 2-Channel Data Line Short-to-VBUS andIEC61000-4-2 ESD protection device for automotive high-speed interfaces like USB 2.0. TheTPD2S701-Q1 contains two data line nFET switches which ensure safe data communication by providingbest in class bandwidth for minimal signal degradation while simultaneously protecting the internalsystem circuits from any overvoltage conditions at the VD+ and VD– pins.
On these pins, this device can handle overvoltage protection up to 7-V DC. This providessufficient protection for shorting the data lines to the USB VBUS rail. Theovervoltage protection circuit provides the most reliable short to VBUSisolation in the industry, shutting off the data switches in 200 ns and protecting the upstreamcircuitry from harmful voltage and current spikes.
Additionally, the TPD2S701-Q1 only requires a single power supply of 5 V in order tooptimize power tree size and cost. The OVP threshold and clamping circuit can be adjusted by aresistor divider network to provide a simple, cost effective way to optimize system protection forany transceiver. The TPD2S701-Q1 also includes a FLT pin which provides anindication when the device sees an overvoltage condition and automatically resets when theovervoltage condition is removed.
The TPD2S701-Q1 also integrates system level IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 ESD clamps onthe VD+ and VD– pins, thus eliminating the need for external high voltage, low capacitance TVSclamp circuits in the application.