|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- –40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Short-to-Battery (up to 18 V) and Short-to-VBUS protection on VD+, VD–
- ESD Performance VD+, VD–
- ±8-kV Contact Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 330 pF, 330 Ω)
- ±15-kV Air-Gap Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 330 pF, 330 Ω)
- High Speed Data Switches (1-GHz Bandwidth)
- Only requires 5-V Power Supply
- Adjustable OVP Threshold
- Fast Overvoltage Response Time (200 ns typical)
- Thermal Shutdown Feature
- Integrated Input Enable and Fault Output Signal
- Flowthrough Routing for Data Integrity
- 10-pin VSSOP Package (3 mm × 3 mm)
- 10-pin WSON Package (2.5 mm × 2.5mm)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPD2S703QDGSRQ1
The TPD2S703-Q1 is a 2-Channel Data Line Short-to-Battery,Short-to-VBUS, and IEC61000-4-2 ESD protection device for automotivehigh-speed interfaces like USB 2.0. The TPD2S703-Q1 contains two data line nFET switches whichensure safe data communication by providing best in class bandwidth for minimal signal degradationwhile simultaneously protecting the internal system circuits from any overvoltage conditions at theVD+ and VD– pins. On these pins, this device can handle overvoltage protection up to 18-V DC. Thisprovides sufficient protection for shorting the data lines to the car battery as well as the USBVBUS rail. The overvoltage protection circuit provides the most reliableshort-to-battery isolation in the industry, shutting off the data switches in 200 ns and protectingthe upstream circuitry from harmful voltage and current spikes.
Additionally, the TPD2S703-Q1 only requires a single power supply of 5 V in order tooptimize power tree size and cost. The OVP threshold and clamping circuit can be adjusted by aresistor divider network to provide a simple, cost effective way to optimize system protection forany transceiver. The TPD2S703-Q1 also includes a FLT pin which provides anindication when the device sees an overvoltage condition and automatically resets when theovervoltage condition is removed.
The TPD2S703-Q1 also integrates system level IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 ESD clamps onthe VD+ and VD– pins, thus eliminating the need for external high voltage, low capacitance TVSclamp circuits in the application.