|Package | PIN:||DBV | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Continuous Current Ratings of 0.5 A and 1.5 A
- Fixed, Constant Current Limits of 0.85 A and
2.15 A (Typ)
- Fast Overcurrent Response – 2 μs
- Integrated Output Discharge
- Reverse Current Blocking
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Over Temperature Protection With Auto-Restart
- Built-In Soft Start
- Ambient Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- Product Regulatory Compliance
- UL Recognized Component (UL 2367, Standard for Solid State Overcurrent Protectors)
- CB File No. E169910 to IEC 60950-1, Information Technology Equipment
- IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Protection (External Pins)
- ±12-kV Contact Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2)
- ±15-kV Air Gap Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPD3S014DBVR
The TPD3S0x4s are integrated devices that feature a current-limited load switch and a two-channel transient voltage suppressor (TVS) based electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection diode array for USB interfaces.
The TPD3S0x4 devices are intended for applications such as USB where heavy capacitive loads and short-circuits are likely to be encountered; TPD3S0x4s provide short-circuit protection and overcurrent protection. The TPD3S0x4s limit the output current to a safe level by operating in constant current mode when the output load exceeds the current limit threshold. The fast overload response eases the burden on the main 5-V power supply by quickly regulating the power when the output is shorted. The rise and fall times for the current limit switch are controlled to minimize current surges when turning the device on and off.
The TPD3S014 and TPD3S044 will allow 0.5 A and 1.5 A of continuous current, respectively. The TVS diode array is rated to dissipate ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC 61000-4-2 international standard.
The high level of integration, combined with its easy-to-route DBV package, allows this device to provide great circuit protection for USB interfaces in applications like laptops, high-definition digital TVs, set-top boxes, and electronic point of sale equipment.