|Package | PIN:||YFF | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Conforms to HDMI Compliance Tests Without Any External Components
- Supports HDMI 2.0, HDMI 1.4, and HDMI 1.3 Standards
- Matches HDMI Connector Pin Mapping
- Internal DC-DC Converter to Generate 5 V From a Battery Voltage as Low as 2.3 V
- Auto-Direction Sensing, Level Shifting, and Buffering in the CEC, SDA, and SCL Paths
- IEC 61000-4-2 (Level 4) System Level ESD Compliance
- Reverse Current Blocking and Short-Circuit Protection to Protect Against Fault Conditions
- Industrial Temperature Range: –40°C to 85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPD5S115YFFR
The TPD5S115 device is an integrated HDMI companion chip solution. The device provides aregulated 5-V output (5VOUT) for sourcing the HDMI power line. The regulated 5-V output supplies upto 55 mA to the HDMI receiver with a current limiting function. The TPD5S115 features two controlsignals: EN and LS_OE. The control of 5VOUT and the hot plug detect (HPD) circuitry is independentof the LS_OE control signal and is controlled by the EN pin. The EN pin allows the detection scheme(5VOUT + HPD) to be active before turning on the whole HDMI link. The LS_OE activates the internalLDO, CEC, SCL, and SDA buffers only when EN is also activated. This dual stage enable schemeensures optimized power saving for portable applications.
There are three noninverting, bidirectional, voltage level translation circuits for theSDA, SCL, and CEC lines. Each have a common power rail (VCCA) on the A side from 1.1 V to 3.6 V. Onthe B side, the SCL_B and SDA_B each have an internal 1.75-kΩ pullup connected to the regulated 5-Vrail (5VOUT). The DDC (SCL_B and SDA_B) pins meet the I2C specificationand drive up to 750-pF loads with the buffers. The CEC_B pin has an internal 27-kΩ pullup to aninternal 3.3-V supply. The TPD5S115 exceeds the IEC61000-4-2 (Level 4) ESD protection level. Thisdevice features a space saving, 1.72-mm × 1.72-mm, YFF package with 0.4-mm pitch.