|Package | PIN:||YFF | 15|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Protection
- ±15-kV Contact Discharge on External Lines
- ±15-kV Air-gap Discharge on External Lines
- Conforms to HDMI Control and 5VOUT Compliance Tests without External Components
- Supports HDMI1.3, HDMI1.4, and HDMI2.0 Standards
- Auto-direction Sensing I2C Level Shifter with One-Shot Circuit to Drive Long HDMI Cable (750-pF Load)
- Back Drive Protection
- 55-mA Load Switch with Current Limit for Short Circuit Protection
- Hot Plug Detect Module with Pull Down Resistor
- Integrated Pull-up and Pull-down Resistors per HDMI Specification
- Utility Pin ESD Protection for Ethernet and Audio Return
Texas Instruments TPD5S116YFFR
TPD5S116 is a single-chip HDMI interface Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) protection device with auto-direction sensing I2C voltage level shifting buffers and a 5-V HDMI compliant current limited load switch. Other key features are hot-plug-detect and Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) with ESD protection diodes. Each connector-side pin has a TVS diode for circuit protection from ESD. An internal 3.3-V node powers the CEC pin, eliminating the need for a 3.3-V supply on board.
TPD5S116 integrates all external termination resistors needed for the HPD, CEC, SCL, and SDA lines. There are three non-inverting bi-directional translation circuits for the SDA, SCL, and CEC lines. Each has a common power rail (VCCA) on system side from 1.1 V to 3.6 V. A 55-mA current limiting switch regulates current sent from 5V_SYS to 5V_CON. The SCL and SDA pins meet the I2C specification and can drive capacitive loads greater than 750 pF, which exceeds HDMI2.0 specifications. The HPD_CON port has a glitch filter to avoid false detection due to plug bouncing during the HDMI connector insertion.
The TPD5S116 offers reverse current blocking at the 5V_CON pin. In fault conditions, such as when two HDMI transmitters are connected to the same HDMI cable, TPD5S116 ensures that the system is safe from powering up through an external HDMI transmitter. The SCL_CON, SDA_CON, CEC_CON, and HPD_CON pins also feature reverse-current blocking, which ensures that the system sees no leakage if an HDMI receiver is connected while the system is powered off.
The EN pin enables the hot-plug detect and load switch. The level shifters are enabled after a valid HPD signal is detected.