|Package | PIN:||DBQ | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 7-Channel ESD Protection Includes ESD Protection, Level-Shifting, Buffering and Sync Impedance Matching
- Exceeds IEC61000-4-2 (Level 4) ESD Protection to Requirements on the External Pins
- ±8-kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- Very Low Loading Capacitance from ESD Protection Diodes on VIDEO Lines (2.5 pF)
- 5-V Drivers for HSYNC and VSYNC Lines
- Integrated Impedance Matching Resistors on Sync Lines
- Bidirectional Level-Shifting N-Channel FETs Provided for DDC_CLK and DDC_DATA Channels
- Flow-Through Single-In-Line Pin Mapping Ensures no Additional Board Layout Burden While Placing the ESD Protection Chip Near the Connector
Texas Instruments TPD7S019-15DBQR
The TPD7S019 device is an integrated electrostatic discharge (ESD) circuit protection solution for VGA and DVI-I connectors. It integrates transient voltage suppression (TVS) protection diodes for VIDEO, DDC and SYNC signals and meets the IEC61000-4-2 standard for ±8-kV contact ESD protection. The TVS diodes only add low capacitances to help signals run at high-speed. It also provides level-shifting for the DDC signals saving external level-shifters. Two noninverting drivers on HSYNC and VSYNC convert TTL input levels to CMOS output levels and each buffer has a series termination resistor connected to the SYNC_OUT pin, eliminating the external termination resistors. Three supply lines control the power rails of the VIDEO, DDC and SYNC channels to facilitate interfacing with low voltage video controller ICs in mixed supply-voltage environments. The TPD7S019 comes with two package options. The 16-pin RSV is compact and space-saving. The 16-pin DBQ package and pinout are optimized for easy board layout.
This ESD protection product is a good solution to protect the VGA and DVI-I ports for desktop and laptop PCs, set top boxes, TVs and monitors.